1-20 of 25 items   « Prev | Next »


Ryan Lochte in Talks for Dancing With the Stars Season 23

19 hours ago | E! Online | See recent E! Online news »

Forget going for the gold, is Ryan Lochte going for the Mirrorball Trophy? E! News has learned the Olympic swimmer is the latest famous face in talks for Dancing With the Stars season 23. Prepare yourselves for Len Goodman to ask, "What is jeah?" Lochte made headlines after his Olympics performances with his Rio robbery scandal. Is America ready to forgive the athlete and vote to keep him on the dance floor? "Ryan is not planning on doing anything big at this moment. He is trying to let the dust settle for now," a source told E! News about his plans. "He is taking a break from swimming for a little bit, but will get back at training when he feels up to it. He is not giving up, he just is very »


Permalink | Report a problem


Aisha Hinds To Star As Harriet Tubman In ‘Underground’ Season 2

19 hours ago | Deadline TV | See recent Deadline TV news »

Under the Dome alumna Aisha Hinds has been cast in the starring role of Harriet Tubman in the upcoming second season of Wgn America’s hit drama series Underground. Tubman was the Underground Railroad’s most famous conductor — revered for her grit, perseverance and unrelenting will to help scores of enslaved people reach freedom. Born a slave, Tubman is a devout Christian who, after escaping herself, risks her life again and again in order to free her family members and… »


Permalink | Report a problem


Game Of Thrones: "Nothing Will Prepare You" For Season 7, Actress Maisie Williams Says

23 August 2016 1:29 PM, PDT | LatinoReview | See recent LatinoReview news »

Like with each book of the source material, each successive season of Game of Thrones seems to up the ante. As we get closer and closer to the conclusion of this proverbial "War of the Roses," the stakes only seem to get greater and greater. Yesterday, we reported on Kit Harrington's comments on the whole ordeal, and he's confident that things will have to get much darker for our heroes before they get brighter.

But he wasn't the only Game of Thrones actor to make comments on the upcoming seasons of the show. Actress Maisie Williams also threw her opinion in the ring -- only this time, coming from a slightly more informed position than Harrington. She made no comments regarding the actual ending of the show, but instead talked about the impending Season 7.

Over the course of five tweets, Williams was as eloquent as ever, and stated the following: »


- Joseph Medina

Permalink | Report a problem


John Krasinski Reveals ‘Jack Ryan’ TV Series Will Tackle Isis

23 hours ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

John Krasinski revealed that the upcoming “Jack Ryan” TV show will tackle real-world issues, with the first being Isis. “Every year they’re gonna be different,” Krasinski told Collider. “They’re sort of more ripped-from-the-headlines type stuff, so the first year the villain, or I don’t know what you want to call it, is it’s taking on Isis for sure.” Earlier this month, Amazon greenlit the 10-episode series “Tom Clancy‘s Jack Ryan” from Paramount and Skydance Television, starring Krasinski as the famous fictional CIA agent. However, the actor revealed that the show should be considered more so »


- Beatrice Verhoeven

Permalink | Report a problem


Nashville Season 5 Premiere Set at CMT

23 hours ago | TVLine.com | See recent TVLine.com news »

Nashville‘s comeback tour will kick off just after the new year.

The cancelled ABC country-music drama will make its CMT debut with a two-hour premiere on Thursday, January 5, at 9/8c, the cable network announced Wednesday.

As previously reported, Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz (thirtysomething) will take over as showrunners; Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, Charles Esten, Jonathan Jackson and many of their castmates are confirmed to return.

We hear that the proposed Nashville after-show is still a possibility, as well, even though it was not included in the network’s announcement. »


Permalink | Report a problem


Amazon Prime Video Takes U.S. Rights to Australian Drama ‘The Kettering Incident’ (Exclusive)

19 minutes ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

Amazon Prime Video has acquired exclusive U.S. rights from BBC Worldwide North America to season one of Australian drama “The Kettering Incident.” The show, which stars Elizabeth Debicki (“The Night Manager”) and Matthew Le Nevez (“Offspring”), will be available to Amazon subscribers from Sept. 30.

The Kettering Incident,” which won the Special Jury Prize at the Series Mania Festival in Paris, was co-created by Tasmanian writer Victoria Madden (Lynda La Plante’s “Trial and Retribution,” “The Bill,” “Halifax Fp”) and producer Vincent Sheehan (“Animal Kingdom,” “The Hunter,” “The Rover”), and shot entirely in Tasmania.

The series tells the story of Anna Macy (Debicki), a doctor who left the town of Kettering when she was 14, shortly after her best friend disappeared while they were playing in the forest. “Anna returns 15 years later to a town struggling to survive — torn apart by clashes between environmentalists and loggers. Anna’s reappearance causes a stir. Theories »


- Leo Barraclough

Permalink | Report a problem


DWTS Pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy Returning for Season 23

35 minutes ago | TVLine.com | See recent TVLine.com news »

Maksim Chmerkovskiy is shimmying on back to the Dancing floor.

RelatedThe Bachelor‘s Future: More Diversity? Hopefully! Cast a Fresh Face? Nahhh!

The Dancing With The Stars vet, who last served as a pro in 2014, is set to return for Season 23. The announcement was first made on Good Morning America.

Chmerkovskiy’s return comes as his fiancee, fellow pro Peta Murgatroyd, steps away from the reality competition as she readies for the birth of their first child. Other pros already announced for the fall cycle include Gleb Savchenko, Witney Carson, Artem Chigvintsev, Sharna Burgess, Lindsay Arnold, Allison Holker, Sasha Farber »


Permalink | Report a problem


Nashville Hard Truth: Rayna's Gotta Die

42 minutes ago | TVLine.com | See recent TVLine.com news »

Prepare yourselves, y’all, because — to borrow from a title of a recent Nashville episode — what I’m about to say is sure gonna hurt.

The recent news that Connie Britton might only be in 10 of Nashville‘s upcoming 22 Season 5 episodes on Cmt has got me worried. And what do chronic worriers do? We play scenarios out to their most dire conclusion, then try to prep ourselves for the onslaught of emotions that will accompany the inevitable heartbreak.

Guys… what if Nashville kills off Rayna?

RelatedNashville Season 5 Premiere Set at Cmt

But hold on, let’s not jump to the »


Permalink | Report a problem


‘Narcos’ Season 2: Executive Producer Wants to Continue Show After Pablo Escobar’s Death

49 minutes ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

Narcos” Season 2 promises to answer the question of who exactly killed the famed Pablo Escobar.

Boyd Holbrook, who portrays DEA Agent Steve Murphy, thinks that Netflix and the show creators have a social responsibility to stick to historical facts.

“This is going to sound cliche, but I think [executive producer] Eric Newman, Netflix, the writers did an outstanding job,” Holbrook said at the show’s premiere on Wednesday at ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood. “I have no problem with it. I think they have portrayed us as larger than life characters and it’s a little embarrassing, but also flattering.” 

This season of “Narcos” shows Escobar from an even more humanized perspective — the root of the show’s success, according to Newman.

“I actually think it’s dangerous to dehumanize a villain like Escobar because it says that someone is just spontaneously created and they spring into the world as bad guys and it doesn’t work that way,” Newman »


- Maria Cavassuto

Permalink | Report a problem


NBCU Hopes to Keep Willie Geist From Defecting to Rivals (Exclusive)

1 hour ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

Willie Geist, who maintains one of the more demanding schedules in modern TV news, acknowledged Monday what a lot of folks at NBC News already know: “I’ve been wearing a lot of hats lately,” he said, while announcing he would step down from his role as co-host of the 9 a.m. hour of “Today.”

Now there is growing speculation about whether the anchor will continue to don the rest of his haberdashery for NBCUniversal.

The company and Geist have entered into what two people familiar with the situation call final-stage negotiations to renew his contract, which is believed to expire by the end of the year. The hope at NBCU is that these discussions will end soon, one of these people said, with Geist sticking with his current employer.  Even so, representatives for Geist have in recent months explored new possibilities at rival outlets including ABC News and CBS News, according »


- Brian Steinberg

Permalink | Report a problem


BBC’s ‘Great British Bake Off’ Cooks Up Launch Record; Beats Rio Olympics

1 hour ago | Deadline TV | See recent Deadline TV news »

Season 7 of BBC One’s The Great British Bake Off got cooking on Wednesday with a sweet new record. Watched by an average 10.4M viewers in the 8Pm slot, it drew a 47.5 share. The peak audience for the cooking competition that has risen to phenomenon status in the UK was 11.2M last night. That tops the network’s most-watched moments of the Rio Olympics, which peaked at 11.1M viewers. The Games had delayed the start of Bake Off which last year began earlier in August (check… »

Permalink | Report a problem


John Krasinski, James Corden's Lost Pulp Fiction, A Few Good Men Outtakes

2 hours ago | TVLine.com | See recent TVLine.com news »

It’s safe to say James Corden and John Krasinski won’t be remembered as one of cinematic history’s great on-screen partnerships.

RelatedTom Clancy’s Jack Ryan Officially a Go at Amazon, John Krasinski to Star

To be fair, the Late Late Show host and Office alum haven’t actually appeared in films together. According to a documentary spoof which aired as part of the CBS program Wednesday, Corden and Krasinski have been fired from multiple motion picture classics, including Gone With the Wind, A Few Good Men, Into the Woods and Pulp Fiction.

VideosSeth Meyers to Clinton: Ignore Trump, »


Permalink | Report a problem


Kiss and Make Up Day: TV Duos Who Really Need to Get It Together Already!

2 hours ago | TVLine.com | See recent TVLine.com news »

Elton John sure called it when he sang “Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word.”

For some people, admitting that they let a little disagreement turn into a big fight — much less walking back words spoken shouted in anger — is as impossible as it is necessary.To help such tortured twosomes embrace forgiveness versus grudges, National Kiss and Make Up Day was established.

PhotosTV Stars Back at Work: Fall 2016 Photos

Those who most badly need that nudge just might be the TV couples featured in the photo gallery below. Whether as friends or lovers, the currently estranged couples — ranging from »


Permalink | Report a problem


ITV Withdraws Proposal To Acquire eOne

3 hours ago | Deadline TV | See recent Deadline TV news »

Earlier this month, Toronto-based media conglomerate Entertainment One rejected a takeover approach from UK broadcaster ITV. The British company today says it is withdrawing its bid altogether. Its proposal valued the global film and TV indie at about £1B ($1.3B) and eOne at the time said the offer "fundamentally undervalues the company and its prospects." ITV evidently disagrees. In a statement, the company said today that it “continues to believe in the strategic logic… »

Permalink | Report a problem


ITV Withdraws Its Bid to Acquire Entertainment One

4 hours ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

London — ITV has withdrawn its bid to acquire Entertainment One, citing disagreement over what it thinks the Canadian-based company is worth.

Entertainment One had rejected a $1.3-billion offer from ITV earlier this month, saying that the amount “fundamentally undervalues the company and its prospects.” While some expected that ITV would increase its bid, the British television giant said Thursday that it was giving up on a deal.

“ITV continues to believe in the strategic logic and potential benefits of acquiring eOne but has a clear view of the value of the business, recognizing that this value would need to be verified by appropriate due diligence,” the company said in a statement. “It appears this value is different [from] the level at which the Board of eOne would currently engage in a more formal process.”

Shares in eOne, which is headquartered in Toronto but listed in London, dropped after the announcement. In addition to running distribution operations in North »


- Henry Chu

Permalink | Report a problem


Showrunner Ronald D. Moore on ‘Outlander,’ ‘Electric Dreams: The World of Philip K. Dick’

4 hours ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

Edinburgh, Scotland — “Outlander” showrunner Ronald D. Moore told an audience at the Edinburgh Intl. Television Festival on Thursday that in Season 3 the show would start in Scotland but would then be making a sea voyage in the 18th century.

“There’s an extended journey across the Atlantic and then the story eventually goes to Jamaica, the Caribbean and ending up in the New World,” he said. “Season 3 will be as different to Season 2 as Season 2 was to Season 1.”

These dramatic shifts threw up challenges for Moore, who said: “It’s exciting creatively; it’s very hard in terms of the production… You are doing a whole new series with every season. So that’s very difficult. Scouting new locations, building new sets, bringing in new cast members, new costumes, different eras. It increases the expense, it increases the time necessary to prep everything, to shoot everything… So it makes it more difficult and it also takes more »


- Leo Barraclough

Permalink | Report a problem


‘The Grand Tour’ Executive Producer Andy Wilman on Working With Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May

7 hours ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

Edinburgh, Scotland — “The Grand Tour,” the new auto show from former “Top Gear” hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, launches on streaming platform Amazon Prime Video in the fall. At the Edinburgh Intl. Television Festival Wednesday the show’s executive producer Andy Wilman, who held the same position on “Top Gear,” explained how the team had started afresh.

Wilman and Clarkson, who had gone to the same school, joined BBC’s “Top Gear” in 2002 and helped build it into the most popular factual show in the world. In March 2015, Clarkson was sacked by the BBC for punching a producer, and Wilman, Hammond and May decided to leave the show, too. In July 2015, Amazon announced that the former “Top Gear” team would be producing a new car show for them, and earlier this year they revealed its name: “The Grand Tour.”

Wilman said there will be 12 shows a year for three years, with »


- Leo Barraclough

Permalink | Report a problem


America’s Got Talent: Live Results and Michael Phelps?

8 hours ago | TVovermind.com | See recent TVovermind.com news »

It’s that moment again on America’s Got Talent. The moment where seven acts will join the others in the semi-finals starting next week. Who will be fortunate enough to make it through? Let’s find out. I was surprised to see Malevo and Ronee Martin in the Dunkin’ Save. Their performances were phenomenal last night! How can America put them in the bottom three? In the end, Malevo (Dunkin’ Save votes) and Linkin’ Bridge ( judge’s votes) made it through to the semi-finals and Ronee was sent home. Perhaps she can get herself a record deal and make a name for

America’s Got Talent: Live Results and Michael Phelps? »

- Tiffany

Permalink | Report a problem


Hollywood Rallies In Support Of Leslie Jones Following Hack

10 hours ago | Deadline TV | See recent Deadline TV news »

Following the vicious doxing of comedian Leslie Jones this morning, friends and peers within the entertainment industry have expressed support for her and outrage about the attack, which saw sensitive and highly personal information posted to the Ghostbusters and Saturday Night Live star’s personal website by hackers. Ghostbusters director Paul Feig was among the first to weigh in, calling the attack “an absolute outrage,” and blasting possible suspects angrily. Jones… »

Permalink | Report a problem


‘Better Call Saul’s Bob Odenkirk Penning Comedic Memoir

10 hours ago | Deadline TV | See recent Deadline TV news »

When the going gets tough, you don’t want a criminal lawyer… You want a criminal lawyer. Or, maybe just a comedic memoirist? If so, you’re in luck. Bob Odenkirk – that’s Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul‘s Saul Goodman, Esq to you – has signed a deal with Random House to pen a book of personal essays offering a comedic look back on his life and career. Starting with his early improv and sketch comedy years, the book will cover career highlights including his stints… »

Permalink | Report a problem


1-20 of 25 items   « Prev | Next »

  « Prev | Next »

IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.

See our NewsDesk partners