« Prev | Next »

6 articles


Celebrities React to Scotland Rejecting Independence

1 hour ago

After a exhausting two-year campaign, Scotland rejected independence on early Friday morning local time.  According to the BBC, the final result after all regions had reported was 55% of Scottish people voting in favor of remaining in the U.K. with 45% voting for an independent Scotland. Just as the referendum had celebrities rushing to Twitter before the vote, the result led to an outpouring of emotion on social media from celebrities backing either side. Those favoring remaining part of the U.K. expressed a mixture of relief and elation at the close nature of the result and

read more

»

- Abid Rahman

Permalink | Report a problem


Derek Jeter Farewell Ad Hits It Out of the Park — With Help From Frank Sinatra

3 hours ago

Derek Jeter is getting plenty of tributes in the final weeks of his career, but Gatorade's may top them all. A 90-second ad follows Mr. November as he chats with real (and very surprised) fans as he walks a few blocks to Yankee Stadium. Emotions (and even a little beer) flow as Frank Sinatra's "My Way" plays in the background Gatorade first approached Jeter, 40, about doing an ad back in March, when he announced he would be retiring. And the surprise in fans' faces was real, Molly Carter, Gatorade's senior director of consumer engagement, told Adweek. The video

read more

»


- THR Staff

Permalink | Report a problem


'Thursday Night Football' Takes On Domestic Violence for Second Week

7 hours ago

For the second week in a row, Thursday Night Football addressed domestic violence during its broadcast. CBS Sports' Bill Cowher said he thought most in the NFL were upset by the damage recent domestic violence scandals were inflicting on the league's image, while Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Lovie Smith condemned domestic violence in a prerecorded interview broadcast during the pregame show. "You don't have to tell a man he shouldn't hit a woman," Smith told CBS' James Brown. "When you're dealing with your children, what's more precious than our kids?" Unlike last week, the pregame show didn't dedicate its entire

read more

»


- Aaron Couch

Permalink | Report a problem


'Love Letters': Theater Review

7 hours ago

A table, two chairs and a pair of actors reading from scripts on an otherwise bare stage sounds like one notch up from a radio play. But A.R. Gurney's deceptively simple 1988 epistolary two-hander, Love Letters, is that rare work whose emotional richness requires no embellishment in order to become a full-bodied theatrical experience. All that's needed are gifted actors capable of tracing the poignant thread of longing and regret that binds half a century of correspondence between characters whose relationship is thwarted by hesitation. And as the first couple in this production’s all-star rotating cast,

read more

»


- David Rooney

Permalink | Report a problem


'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Loses Its Director (Exclusive)

7 hours ago

London Has Fallen has lost its director. With shooting just six weeks away, Fredrik Bond and Millennium have parted ways over the sequel to 2013’s surprise action hit Olympus Has Fallen. A spokesperson for the company confirmed Bond’s exit, which is due to creative differences. Those differences may be a result of the movie’s accelerated schedule and Bond only coming aboard in August. One insider said prep time was a factor. Bond, a commercials director, was making the leap from the dramatic indie world — he directed the well-regarded Shia Labeouf drama Charlie Countryman — to the big-budget action world.

read more

»


- Borys Kit

Permalink | Report a problem


'Big Eyes' Trailer: Tim Burton Makes a Movie About Normal People

8 hours ago

There's no Johnny Depp or supernatural forces in sight in the trailer for Tim Burton's Big Eyes, but there are plenty of other familiar faces. The true story centers on the relationship between Walter (Christoph Waltz) and Margaret Keane (Amy Adams), who became famous in the 1950s and '60s thanks to popular paintings of big-eyed children. As the trailer shows, Walter took credit for the paintings, which were actually created by Margaret, because he didn't think people would buy art from a woman. The film from The Weinstein Company opens Christmas Day. Krysten Ritter and Jason Schwartzman also star.  

read more

»


- THR staff

Permalink | Report a problem


6 articles



IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.

See our NewsDesk partners