George Clooney has signed on to produce a film about the Gfc bailout which could also be a directing vehicle for the actor and filmmaker reports Variety.
Zach Helm ("Stranger Than Fiction") has been tapped to write the script based on Laura Blumenfeld's 2009 Washington Post article "The $700 Billion Man." That story deals with Tarp mastermind Neel Kashkari, an inexperienced aide under then-Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson.
Kashkari helped develop the $700 billion "Troubled Asset Relief Program" which bailed out the big banks following the economic collapse in 2008. Thrown to the Congressional wolves, he subsequently left Washington and moved to an isolated cabin in Northern California. »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Roseanne Barr Says 'Of Course I Want to Do' a 'Roseanne' Reboot (From Entertainment Tonight. 29 April 2017, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- 'Roseanne' Is Being Revived With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman and Sara Gilbert (From Entertainment Tonight. 28 April 2017, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Val Kilmer Really Wants to Be Batman Again (From MovieWeb. 28 April 2017, 11:45 AM, PDT)
Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- Stranger Than Fiction: The Truthiness of ‘Fargo’ (From FilmSchoolRejects. 20 April 2017, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- Win tickets to Ghost hunt night and an iTunes download with The Axe Murders of Villisca (From HeyUGuys. 4 April 2017, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Marc Webb and Working Title Developing Three Bags Full Movie? (From LRM Online. 3 April 2017, 12:39 PM, PDT)
Zach Helm (I)
- Jumanji 2 Fight Photos Revealed by Dwayne Johnson (From MovieWeb. 4 December 2016, 12:47 PM, PST)
- Jim Parsons to Produce Sci-Fi Drama ‘The Terranauts’ for CW (From The Wrap. 25 October 2016, 5:08 PM, PDT)
- CW Buys ‘The Terranauts’ Drama From Jim Parsons & Zach Helm Based On New Book (From Deadline TV. 25 October 2016, 3:50 PM, PDT)