Filed under: Movie News, Cinematical
George Clooney is the 'The $700 Billion Man.'
Clooney and Grant Heslov's Smoke House production company will produce a film about the Wall Street bailout. According to Variety, the project -- based on Laura Blumenfeld's 2009 Washington Post article about Tarp mastermind Neel Kashkari -- is being developed as a potential directing vehicle for Clooney.
Kashkari was a top official under then-Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson and helped develop the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program (Tarp) that bailed out the big banks following the economic collapse in 2008. Kashkari eventually left Washington and moved to an isolated cabin in Northern California.
- Harley W. Lond
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney (I)
- Preview the David Letterman Primetime Farewell Special (From Rolling Stone. 3 May 2015, 12:11 PM, PDT)
- New Star Wars Trailer! Avengers: Age of Ultron review! – The Flickering Myth Movie Show #3 (From Flickeringmyth. 3 May 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Amal Clooney's Hot Sister -- Take A Knee Tala ... Epic Fall (From TMZ. 1 May 2015, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- FilmNation to sell Tom Ford's ‘Nocturnal Animals’ in Cannes (From ScreenDaily. 27 April 2015, 5:37 PM, PDT)
- FilmNation to sell ‘Nocturnal Animals’ in Cannes (From ScreenDaily. 27 April 2015, 5:37 PM, PDT)
- Round-up: Goldwyn gets ‘A Brilliant Young Mind’ (From ScreenDaily. 13 April 2015, 12:36 PM, PDT)
Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- 13 British comedy stars lured to Hollywood in the 1990s (From Den of Geek. 20 April 2015, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- True Crime Book on Early 20th Century White Sheriff in Gullah Community is Being Adapted By Will Smith's Production Company (From ShadowAndAct. 2 April 2015, 9:55 AM, PDT)
- True Crime Book on Early 20th Century White Sheriff in Gullah Community is Being Adapted By Will Smith's Production Company (From Indiewire Television. 2 April 2015, 9:55 AM, PDT)