Filed under: Movie News, Cinematical
George Clooney is the 'The $700 Billion Man.'
Clooney and Grant Heslov's Smoke House production company will produce a film about the Wall Street bailout. According to Variety, the project -- based on Laura Blumenfeld's 2009 Washington Post article about Tarp mastermind Neel Kashkari -- is being developed as a potential directing vehicle for Clooney.
Kashkari was a top official under then-Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson and helped develop the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program (Tarp) that bailed out the big banks following the economic collapse in 2008. Kashkari eventually left Washington and moved to an isolated cabin in Northern California.
- Harley W. Lond
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Josh Brolin and Kathryn Boyd Tie the Knot (From PEOPLE.com. 25 September 2016, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- No, Kim Kardashian West Is Not Voting for Donald Trump (From PEOPLE.com. 24 September 2016, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Everything That Has Happened Since Angelina Jolie Filed For Divorce From Brad Pitt (From Popsugar. 23 September 2016, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- “Making a Murderer” Creators Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos Adapting New TV Series with George… (From Women and Hollywood. 17 June 2016, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- ‘Making A Murderer' Creators Detail Next Show (From Rolling Stone. 16 June 2016, 3:49 PM, PDT)
- "Making A Murderer" Team Plan Next Series (From Dark Horizons. 16 June 2016, 1:02 PM, PDT)
Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- Karen Gillan Responds to Jumanji 2 Costume Controversy (From MovieWeb. 21 September 2016, 8:50 PM, PDT)
- Jumanji 2 First Look at Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart and Jack Black (From MovieWeb. 20 September 2016, 10:53 AM, PDT)
- Jumanji 2 Begins Shooting, Dwayne Johnson Shares First Set Video (From MovieWeb. 15 September 2016, 1:45 PM, PDT)