Filed under: Movie News, Cinematical
George Clooney is the 'The $700 Billion Man.'
Clooney and Grant Heslov's Smoke House production company will produce a film about the Wall Street bailout. According to Variety, the project -- based on Laura Blumenfeld's 2009 Washington Post article about Tarp mastermind Neel Kashkari -- is being developed as a potential directing vehicle for Clooney.
Kashkari was a top official under then-Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson and helped develop the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program (Tarp) that bailed out the big banks following the economic collapse in 2008. Kashkari eventually left Washington and moved to an isolated cabin in Northern California.
- Harley W. Lond
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Sony Makes First-Look Deal with Elizabeth Cantillon, Veteran of Bond Films (From Variety - Film News. 23 July 2014, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Batman's 75th Anniversary: Check Out the Actors Who've Played the Dark Knight Through the Years (From E! Online. 23 July 2014, 9:16 AM, PDT)
- The Snap: The Comic-Con 2014 Preview We Need (From Hitfix. 22 July 2014, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney Snags A Writer For His Drug Smuggling Drama Coronado High (From Cinema Blend. 17 July 2014, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- Cahn To Pen Coronado High For George Clooney And Columbia (From We Got This Covered. 15 July 2014, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- 'True Lies' (1994) - Best Movies #5 (From Rope Of Silicon. 15 July 2014, 9:34 AM, PDT)
Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- Will Ferrell Turns 47: What's His Most Underrated Work? (From Hitfix. 16 July 2014, 5:20 PM, PDT)
- Video: Who is our new favorite 'Jeopardy' loser? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 27 June 2014, 7:06 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Love Punch’, with Pierce Brosnan and Emma Thompson, releases its first trailer (From SoundOnSight. 22 April 2014, 4:19 PM, PDT)