Lindsay Lohan is set to drop her last name in an attempt to put her troubled past behind her, according to the actress' mother. The Mean Girls star is planning to relaunch herself as simply 'Lindsay' as she struggles to rebuild her career following a string of personal problems and stints in jail and rehab.
And in an apparent snub to Lindsay's father Michael Lohan, her younger sister Ali and mother Dina are also planning to drop the family name and use Dina's maiden moniker 'Sullivan' instead.
Dina tells PopEater.com, "Lindsay is dropping the Lohan and just going by Lindsay. Plus, me and Ali will be officially changing our last names back to my maiden name, Sullivan."
Lindsay and her mother have been engaging in a public war of words with Michael Lohan since his divorce from Dina was finalised in 2007.
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- Dina Lohan -- I'm No Millionaire or a Good Catch ... But Find Me a Dude! (From TMZ. 23 October 2014, 9:26 AM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan’s London Theater Stint May Be Cut Short (From VH1.com. 23 October 2014, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Sarah Hyland Is "Doing Great" After Boyfriend Drama (From Popsugar. 22 October 2014, 1:46 PM, PDT)
Mean Girls (2004)
- Forever Fest 2014 to Feature 'Mean Girls' 10th Anniversary Screening (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 23 October 2014, 9:57 AM, PDT)
- The 45 Movies Every Basic B*tch Loves (From BuzzSugar. 23 October 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Says Goodbye to 'Mean Girls' Actor (From The Hollywood Reporter. 20 October 2014, 11:51 PM, PDT)