I felt suddenly so sad.
We knew she had been so ill but it still came as a shock much like when Lucille Ball died in 1989. Both women were in their late 70s and somehow we thought they would live forever.
And just as Lucy has, so will Elizabeth.
As a movie star crazy kid growing up in the 70s, I would devour every issue of ‘People Magazine’ and Rona Barrett’s various magazines and was particularly fascinated with Miss Taylor.
My mom had always been a big fan of the actress so whenever her movies were on television, I’d watch them with her. I didn’t really understand ‘Cat on a Hot Tin Roof,’ ‘Suddenly Last Summer’ or ‘Butterfield 8′ when »
- Greg Hernandez
Similar News ItemsElizabeth Taylor (I)
- AFI Award Winner and One of Australia's Top Actresses Has Died: Wendy Hughes (From Alt Film Guide. 8 March 2014, 5:59 PM, PST)
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Biggest Fan in Palm Springs? The Mayor Himself (From PEOPLE.com. 7 March 2014, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Elizabeth Taylor -- Gay Bar War Over Shrine Portrait (From TMZ. 6 March 2014, 12:20 AM, PST)
- Briefs: “The Last Of Us” Coming To The Big Screen, Adam Lambert & Queen Release Tour Dates, And Miley Vs. Katy (From The Backlot. 6 March 2014, 1:23 PM, PST)
- Bill Whitaker Joins ‘60 Minutes’ As Correspondent (From Deadline TV. 6 March 2014, 12:15 PM, PST)
- Oscar Winners Who Won For Their First Movie (From BuzzSugar. 4 March 2014, 6:22 PM, PST)
Mark Harmon (I)
- TV: Jamie Lee Curtis Heads to CBS (From Indiewire Television. 25 February 2014, 3:28 PM, PST)
- Paige Turco Married to Scott Bakula on NCIS Spinoff (From Boomtron. 24 February 2014, 4:28 PM, PST)
- NCIS Plans Ralph Waite Tribute in Season 11 Finale (From E! Online. 24 February 2014, 3:08 PM, PST)