Welcome back to the last installment of Dread Central’s look back at the 25 milestones that shaped the landscape of independent horror filmmaking over the last 100 years. I apologize for the delay on the last five milestones as I had no idea just how busy I’d be while in Austin covering the South by Southwest Film Festival (which also champions the independent spirit of filmmaking most of the time) so I am glad to be back now and have the opportunity to pay homage to these last five moments in indie horror history.
We’ve already celebrated 20 milestones through 1987, and today we start in 1999 with one of the most innovative independent modern horror films that not only acted as a game changer in the horror genre but also was one of the first movies to effectively use the Internet as a marketing tool.
1999- The Blair Witch Project Breaks »
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Watch Steven Spielberg’s Long-Lost First Ever Feature-Length Directing Job ‘L.A. 2017’ (From The Playlist. 24 April 2017, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- Fox sets new dates for Avatar sequels, The Predator, Red Sparrow and more (From HeyUGuys. 24 April 2017, 10:41 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hanks continues to make interesting choices (From Hollywoodnews.com. 24 April 2017, 4:32 AM, PDT)
- Turnabout: Pop Culture Homages to Quentin Tarantino (From FilmSchoolRejects. 24 April 2017, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Rn's Jason Di Rosso on Cate Shortland's "dark fairy-tale" 'Berlin Syndrome' (From IF.com.au. 24 April 2017, 12:39 AM, PDT)
- Ben Wheatley, Quentin Tarantino, And The Reverse Whodunit (From FilmSchoolRejects. 23 April 2017, 8:51 AM, PDT)
Paranormal Activity (2007)
- 12 Films We Can’t Wait to See at The Overlook Film Festival (From FilmSchoolRejects. 20 April 2017, 11:51 AM, PDT)
- #Brainwaves Episode 41: Filmmaker Gregory Plotkin – The Paranormal Activity Franchise, Get Out, and More! Listen Now! (From Dread Central. 19 April 2017, 10:22 PM, PDT)
- Tonight! #Brainwaves Episode 41: Filmmaker Gregory Plotkin – The Paranormal Activity Franchise, Get Out, and More! (From Dread Central. 19 April 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)