The end of the season on "90210" will bring about the departures of a couple of cast members -- and the show's behind-the-scenes boss as well.
Executive producer and showrunner Rebecca Sinclair has decided not to renew her contract and stay on with The CW's series, TVLine reports. Her decision won't affect the rest of this season, as production wrapped up last week.
Sinclair, who's also worked on "Gilmore Girls" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," joined "90210" in its first season, after it had already been handed off from original developer Rob Thomas ("Veronica Mars") to "Freaks and Geeks" and "What About Brian" veterans Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah.
The show's producer, CBS TV Studios, seems to be taking Sinclair's departure in stride, calling it "no surprise to us at all."
"We have a very strong staff and we have been exploring various people and are confident we'll find the right replacement, »
Similar News Items"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)
- Book Review – Joss Whedon: Geek King of the Universe by Amy Pascale (From Flickeringmyth. 31 July 2014, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- One set, two actors, all dialogue: TV's best 'bottle' episodes (From EW.com - PopWatch. 28 July 2014, 2:19 PM, PDT)
- San Diego Comic Con 2014: Top 5 Dark Horse Announcements (From SoundOnSight. 27 July 2014, 5:04 PM, PDT)
"Veronica Mars" (2004)
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’s' Theo Rossi Signs With Management 360 (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 30 July 2014, 4:22 PM, PDT)
- Supernatural Season 10: Who's the Mystery Returning Guest Star? (From TVLine.com. 30 July 2014, 11:26 AM, PDT)
- Elizabeth Banks to Produce Comedy Series for Paramount Digital (From The Wrap. 30 July 2014, 11:19 AM, PDT)
Rob Thomas (II)
- Will iZombie 'Out-Gore' Walking Dead? Is Veronica Mars Crossover Inevitable? (From TVLine.com. 29 July 2014, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- iZOMBIE Is a Witty, Original Take on the Zombie Psychic Detective Genre (From GeekTyrant. 28 July 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: David Anders, Rose McIver Preview iZombie for Us (From shocktillyoudrop. 26 July 2014, 9:20 AM, PDT)