Val Kilmer will play the elderly Wyatt Earp in indie Western The First Ride of Wyatt Earp, which Michael Feifer is directing. The screenplay is penned by Darren Benjamin Shepherd and the flick is now in production in California. Barry Barnholtz and Jeffrey Schenck are producing through Hybrid banner, and Peter Sullivan is co-producing.
Val Kilmer has been involved in the Wyatt Earp story once before, playing Doc Holliday in Tombstone. He earlier played the title character in the TV movie Billy the Kid, so he is definitely not a newcomer to Western.
The storyline will be about a journalist interviewing a senior citizen Earp about his legendary days as a marshal in the Wild West and they’ll show the story about his rounding up a posse to find the outlaw that mistakenly killed the woman he loved.
- Nikola Mraovic
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- 'American Idol' Bidding War Between Fox and NBC (From TMZ. 28 March 2017, 10:26 AM, PDT)
- The Voice Recap: Thinning of the Heard (From TVLine.com. 27 March 2017, 7:03 PM, PDT)
- Kanye West, No 'American Idol' For Me (From TMZ. 27 March 2017, 6:32 PM, PDT)
True Grit (2010)
- Skydance Media CEO And Life Producer David Ellison -- Interview (From LRM Online. 24 March 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- The Edge of Stardom: Hailee Steinfeld and the New Hollywood Kids on the Block (From HeyUGuys. 24 March 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- We Need To Talk About The Word “Remake” (From FilmSchoolRejects. 23 March 2017, 12:52 PM, PDT)
"Hannah Montana" (2006)
- Lego Frozen Sneak Peek: Olaf Has a Flurry of Questions in Disney Special (From TVLine.com. 9 December 2016, 11:29 AM, PST)
- Here's What Miley Cyrus' Best Friend Lesley Is Up to 9 Years After the Release of "See You Again" (From E! Online. 1 December 2016, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Descendants 2 Video Reveals First Footage From Disney Channel Sequel (From TVLine.com. 25 November 2016, 6:16 PM, PST)