Think back. Way back. Way, way back. To 2009. An eternity in video game time. 2009's BlizzCon was pretty eventful, featuring the reveal of "World of WarCraft: Cataclysm" and the Monk class for "Diablo 3." Blizzard also took the opportunity to show of the next version of Battle.net, the one that would ship with "StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty." While many of the features that were discussed ended up making it into the final release, some have not. For example, Blizzard mentioned that they were working on App Store-like functionality for Battle.net which would allow players to browse, download and even buy fan-created "StarCraft 2" maps and mods right through the interface.
Last week I sat down with Mike Morhaime and Frank Pearce, two of the co-founders, to discuss the 20 year history of Blizzard. During the interview, Pearce mentioned the "StarCraft 2" marketplace is still coming.
"We had talked about, at BlizzCon a couple years ago, »
- Russ Frushtick
Similar News ItemsWarcraft (2016)
- Ringo Lam’s Sky On Fire Debuts On Digital May 9th and Blu-ray & DVD June 6th (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 15 May 2017, 2:41 PM, PDT)
- Peter Loehr to Exit as Legendary Entertainment’s China Chief (From Variety - Film News. 12 May 2017, 2:56 AM, PDT)
- Peter Loehr exits Legendary Entertainment (From ScreenDaily. 12 May 2017, 1:47 AM, PDT)
- Blizzard reveals StarCraft: Remastered (From Den of Geek. 26 March 2017, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Get Nostalgic in the StarCraft: Remastered Announcement Trailer (From Cinelinx. 26 March 2017, 6:16 AM, PDT)
- New World of Warcraft Expansion Sees Playerbase Surge (From Cinelinx. 8 September 2016, 8:10 AM, PDT)
- Diablo III Getting Necromancer Class And Original Diablo Event In 2017 (From We Got This Covered. 5 November 2016, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- How the 'Warcraft' Movie Failed (From Rolling Stone. 24 June 2016, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- Diablo III Coming To PS3 & PS4 (From We Got This Covered. 21 February 2013, 2:04 PM, PST)