Jeff Smith created the comic book series in 2008, which centers on a former military scientist who becomes an art thief, traveling to parallel universes to steal priceless artwork. He is found out by his former boss and is enlisted to protect the world's most dangerous secret. Here's what the producer had to say about the project, which he hopes to land at Warner Bros.
"We'll team with a writer and figure out how to adapt it to the screen and hopefully it will become a big movie franchise for Warner Bros."
Lionel Wigram picked up the rights with his own funds, after being alerted to the comic book by a colleague, Peter Eskelsen, who will executive produce along with the comic book creator, Jeff Smith. »
Similar News ItemsSherlock Holmes (2009)
- Watch the thrilling trailer for ‘Level Up’; Coming soon to home platforms (From The Hollywood News. 24 August 2016, 10:10 PM, PDT)
- Rupert Grint Joins Snatch Series Based On Guy Ritchie Film (From LatinoReview. 22 August 2016, 3:29 PM, PDT)
- Charlie Hunnam’s Title Swordsman Will Be “Rough Around The Edges” In King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword (From We Got This Covered. 22 August 2016, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- Fantastic Beasts Olympics Trailer Ushers in a New Era of Magic (From MovieWeb. 14 August 2016, 4:49 PM, PDT)
- Zoe Kravitz Joins ‘Harry Potter’ Spinoff ‘Fantastic Beasts’ (From Variety - Film News. 10 August 2016, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- Zoe Kravitz Enlists For Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them (From We Got This Covered. 10 August 2016, 2:34 PM, PDT)
Jeff W. Smith (I)
- Bone Was 2013’s 10th Most Challenged Book (From Comicmix. 17 September 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Mindy Newell: Are Comics Genetic? (From Comicmix. 25 June 2012, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Madman 20th Anniversary Monster' dated for December (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 November 2011, 11:18 AM, PST)