Today we begin in the year 1978 and take you through the next five milestones of indie horror up until the year 1981.
Before he was terrifying this writer as a small child with his gritty werewolf tale The Howling (the animated werewolf sex scene remains to this day an all-time favorite of mine) or capturing the imaginations of children and adults alike with Gremlins, director Joe Dante started off working for the iconic B-Movie master Roger Corman.
Dante paid his dues in the industry by coming up under the tutelage of Corman for several years, working as an editor on several projects as well as co-directing Hollywood Boulevard . It was in 1978 that Dante would get his big break. »
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg Attend Washington Post News Meeting for 'Pentagon Papers' Prep (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 25 May 2017, 7:14 AM, PDT)
- Flashback: George Lucas on Taking Risks in Hollywood and Making ‘Star Wars’ an Immersive Cinematic Experience (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 May 2017, 6:40 AM, PDT)
- Bringing Star Wars to the Screen: Episode IV – A New Hope (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2017, 3:30 AM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- New Baywatch clips wash up in the surf (From The Hollywood News. 25 May 2017, 7:10 AM, PDT)
- GLAAD Report: Major Film Studios Fail to Increase Lgbt Representation (From Variety - Film News. 25 May 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Top Gun 2 circling Oblivion director (From Den of Geek. 24 May 2017, 10:15 PM, PDT)
Mel Gibson (I)
- On Set Of ‘Daddy’s Home 2’ With Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, Mel Gibson And John Lithgow (From ET Canada. 23 May 2017, 10:53 AM, PDT)
- Dhanush starting new film The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir! (From Bollyspice. 22 May 2017, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hardy's casting as Venom is a masterstroke for Sony's superhero universe (From The Guardian - TV News. 22 May 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)