It's hard to predict the winners of this year's Oscars because there is no clear-cut favorite. Last year, Kathryn Bigelow's "The Hurt Locker" started strong during awards season and maintained its dominance all the way to its Oscar best picture victory. This year, David Fincher's "The Social Network" triumphed in the beginning but the Oscar buzz surrounding the movie is slowly fading away.
But I still have my favorites and I will attempt to handicap the Oscars. Here are my predictions of who should take home Oscar gold at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards.
.127 Hours. Christian Colson, »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Struggle Nation and "mother!" (From FilmExperience. 18 August 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- The Refreshingly Creepy Trailer for Darren Aronofsky’s “Mother!” (From TVovermind.com. 18 August 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Justin Theroux Lands on Netflix’s ‘Maniac’ With Emma Stone and Jonah Hill (From The Wrap. 17 August 2017, 3:20 PM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- Box Office: ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Shooting for $20 Million in Slow Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 18 August 2017, 1:14 PM, PDT)
- Oscars: Clint Eastwood, Steven Spielberg, Ridley Scott Race to the Finish (From Variety - Film News. 18 August 2017, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Fires Off $1.7 Million on Thursday Night (From Variety - Film News. 18 August 2017, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- Stephen Frears to Receive Award at Venice Film Festival (From Variety - Film News. 17 August 2017, 3:58 AM, PDT)
- Seth Rogen to Produce ‘Good Boys’ R-Rated Comedy Movie (From Variety - Film News. 16 August 2017, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- New Coen Brothers Anthology Series Headed To Netflix (From Age of the Nerd. 16 August 2017, 11:53 AM, PDT)