Filed under: Movie News, Cinematical
Curmudgeons, look the other way: Happiness is gaining momentum on the big screen.
A few years ago, we saw how joy could reframe life in 'Happy-Go-Lucky,' and now there's a new documentary striving to understand happiness. The latest feature from Oscar-nominated director Roko Belic ('Genghis Blues'), 'Happy' uses interviews with scientists and everyday people to showcase "a journey from the swamps of Louisiana to the slums of Kolkata in search of what really makes people happy."
When one subject in the trailer leads with "When I was run over by a truck," it sounds a lot like that conversation about happiness from 'Before Sunset.' Remember it? "I read this study where they followed people who won the lottery, and people who had become paraplegic. ... After about six months, as soon as people got used to their new situation, »
- Monika Bartyzel
Similar News ItemsRoko Belic
- First footage of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 to screen at New York Comic Con (From Legions of Gotham. 5 October 2012, 9:27 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment shifts gears to promote The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 5 October 2012, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Blu Crew: Footage From The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 at Nycc; First Image Released (From Cinelinx. 4 October 2012, 5:34 PM, PDT)
- The Dalai Lama Appears At The Glastonbury Festival, Celebrates 80th Birthday (From Uinterview. 29 June 2015, 11:48 AM, PDT)
- Documentarian Invites the Globe to Get Happy (From Speakeasy/Wall Street Journal. 30 January 2012, 1:00 PM, PST)
- New Doc Explores What Really Makes People 'Happy' (From Moviefone. 15 February 2011, 7:00 AM, PST)
Genghis Blues (1999)
- ‘Amy’ and ‘What Happened, Miss Simone?’ Join Long List of Music-Related Docs Nominated for Oscars (From Scott Feinberg. 22 January 2016, 6:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Keep on Keepin’ On’ Could Join 17 Music-Related Oscar-Nommed Docs (From Scott Feinberg. 8 January 2015, 8:52 AM, PST)
- Academy Award nominee Roko Belic presents World Happy Day tomorrow (From PasteMagazine. 10 February 2012, 11:44 AM, PST)