Have you seen these downloadable e-mags from the British Academy? They have beautiful illustrated covers by Adam Simpson, one for each of the Best Picture nominees. I've included three of them here representing... well you can tell, can't you?
Black Swan continues to inspire graphic artists. I think The King's Speech design might be the best of the five designs. It has great composition, cleverly utilizes the memorable Eve Stewart production design, and that blimp heading towards / pointing at the King tells you the thrust of the story. The True Grit illustration is my least favorite of the five but I include it because it made me chuckle trying to reimagine the Coen Bros western as a Disney musical. You know how they do; the heroes/heroines are always standing on those jutting triangular pointed cliffs, singing their hearts out.
Hailee arrives at a pre BAFTA eventWhat would Mattie Ross's »
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News ItemsBlack Swan (2010)
- IndieWire Fall Film Festival Wish List: The 58 Movies We Want to See Most (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 July 2017, 7:16 AM, PDT)
- IndieWire Fall Film Festival Wish List: The 56 Movies We Want to See Most (From Indiewire. 24 July 2017, 7:16 AM, PDT)
- Oscars 2018: Fox Searchlight slate led by ‘Battle of the Sexes,’ ‘Goodbye Christopher Robin, ‘Three Billboards’ … (From Gold Derby. 21 July 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
The King's Speech (2010)
- Churchill review (From Den of Geek. 19 June 2017, 8:11 AM, PDT)
- Netflix's Shimmer Lake Trailer Unravels a Backwards Mystery (From MovieWeb. 24 May 2017, 6:46 PM, PDT)
- J.J. Abrams' Overlord Cast Announced, Is It Cloverfield 4? (From MovieWeb. 17 May 2017, 5:39 PM, PDT)
True Grit (2010)
- Who are the contemporary Masters of Cinema? (From Flickeringmyth. 3 July 2017, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- First Details on Coens’ Six-Part Omnibus ‘The Ballad of Buster Scruggs’ (From The Film Stage. 1 July 2017, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Coen Brothers Begin Filming Anthology Project ‘Buster Scruggs’ This July, First Plot Details Emerge (From Indiewire. 30 June 2017, 9:46 AM, PDT)