In a career that has spanned almost 35 years, filmmaker Mary Lambert has seen a lot and learned even more. She's worked with monsters of all shapes and sizes, from Mötley Crüe to Stephen King. But even she had never encountered something the likes of her latest film, Mega Python vs. Gatoroid, a wonderful little creature feature created for the Syfy cable network by infamous B-movie production house The Asylum.
When I spoke to Lambert recently, she said, "Every day on the set was like being pushed out of an airplane with a World War II parachute into hostile territory. At the end of every day, we were just glad to be alive, even though we knew as survivors that we were just going to be pushed out of the airplane again tomorrow. Nothing surprises me anymore."
The hard work definitely paid off. Of the many low-budget gems foisted upon an unsuspecting, »
Similar News ItemsStephen King (I)
- The Mist (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 June 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- The Mist Is Enveloped in a Cloud of Stephen King Tropes (From TVGuide - Features. 22 June 2017, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- The Mist Is Enveloped in a Cloud of Stephen King Tropes (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 22 June 2017, 8:00 PM, PDT)
Kathryn Bigelow (I)
- CineEurope: eOne Pushes 'Detroit,' 'Suburbicon,' 'Death of Stalin,' 'Molly’s Game,' 'Stan & Ollie' (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 22 June 2017, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- Oscars at the Halfway Mark: ‘Logan,’ ‘Get Out’ and Women Directors (From Variety - Film News. 22 June 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- The Best Films of 2017 (So Far) (From Variety - Film News. 21 June 2017, 3:24 PM, PDT)
- ‘Nightcrawler’ Director Dan Gilroy Reteaming With Jake Gyllenhaal and Rene Russo for New Film (From Indiewire. 20 June 2017, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon Continue the Adventure in U.S. Trailer for ‘The Trip to Spain’ (From The Film Stage. 15 June 2017, 4:28 AM, PDT)
- Remembering Anita Pallenberg, the Muse at the Center of The Rolling Stones’ Tumultuous Love Triangle (From PEOPLE.com. 14 June 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)