Damn the laws of nature once again! Marion Cotillard, my personal pick for Catwoman ever since the day Chris Nolan hired her for Inception, has announced she is pregnant. Her reps told Us Magazine yesterday that she is expecting her first child with longtime lover and fellow actor Guillaume Canet.
That well and truly takes the French born, Oscar winning actress out of the running for The Dark Knight Rises, the May shooting third Batman film from Team Nolan that Cotillard held talks about last year for one of two major female roles we hear are present in the screenplay. One role, I’m hoping at least, is reserved for Catwoman.
Recently we ran a poll asking you guys which two female characters you most wanted to see in the new film and 712 of you voted, with Talia Al Ghul and Catwoman the clear fan favourties;
Talia Al Ghul 26% Catwoman 25% Harley Quinn 18% Selina Kyle (i. »
- Matt Holmes
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- ‘Transcendence’ Theatrical Trailer is Here! (From LatinoReview. 21 December 2013, 3:20 PM, PST)
- Johnny Depp stars in new Transcendence trailer - watch (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 21 December 2013, 2:15 PM, PST)
- First Trailer for Wally Pfister’s Transcendenace with Johnny Depp, Paul Bettany & Rebecca Hall (From HeyUGuys. 21 December 2013, 11:59 AM, PST)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Full length trailer for Transcendence starring Johnny Depp (From Flickeringmyth. 21 December 2013, 11:47 PM, PST)
- From Iron Man to Christian Grey Here's What Bhp's Yossi Would Sell to Some of the World's Richest Fictional Characters (From ReelzChannel. 21 December 2013, 5:10 AM, PST)
- New images from RoboCop (From Flickeringmyth. 20 December 2013, 11:50 PM, PST)
- Utah Forced to Legalize Same-Sex Marriage as French-Made Lesbian Romantic Drama Wins Two Awards from Local Critics (From Alt Film Guide. 21 December 2013, 12:24 AM, PST)
- Inside every great actor there's a mediocre singer (From The Guardian - Film News. 20 December 2013, 10:01 PM, PST)
- The Simpsons in its 25th season: showrunner Al Jean on why it endures (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 December 2013, 4:08 PM, PST)