Michael Jackson's former doctor was accused of trying to cover up the cause of his death in court on Tuesday, January 4. Dr. Conrad Murray appeared at Los Angeles Superior Court as the preliminary hearing into the cause of the singer's death opened, which was also attended by the late "Thriller" singer's mother Katherine, brother Jermaine Jackson and sister La Toya Jackson.
Michael died of acute Propofol intoxication on June 25, 2009, while in the same house as Dr. Murray, who has pled not guilty to the charges against him. At the start of the hearing prosecutors claimed to the judge that Michael was already dead when Dr. Murray raised the alarm.
Explaining his case, Prosecutor David Walgren said he felt Murray had tried to conceal the fact he had administered the powerful anaesthetic propofol to the entertainer, ordering a bodyguard to collect medical equipment and other items before the paramedics were finally called. »
Similar News ItemsMichael Jackson (I)
- Review: Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show (From Variety - TV News. 7 February 2016, 8:23 PM, PST)
- Watch Coldplay, Beyoncé, and Bruno Mars Unite For the Super Bowl Performance of Your Dreams (From BuzzSugar. 7 February 2016, 6:06 PM, PST)
- Watch Coldplay, Beyoncé, and Bruno Mars Unite For the Super Bowl Performance of Your Dreams (From Popsugar. 7 February 2016, 6:06 PM, PST)
Michael Jackson: Thriller (1983) (V)
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller Becomes First 30-Times Multi-Platinum Album, Is Still Unbeatable (From Vulture. 16 December 2015, 9:40 PM, PST)
- Kylie Jenner -- I Make A Hell Of A Zombie ... But Not Much Of An Actress (From TMZ. 31 October 2015, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- 200 Greatest Horror Films (90-81) (From SoundOnSight. 26 October 2015, 5:47 PM, PDT)
This Is It (2009)
- 'Rocky Horror' TV Remake Lands Christina Milian as Magenta (From MovieWeb. 3 February 2016, 1:56 PM, PST)
- Tim Curry Is Returning to 'Rocky Horror' Remake as Narrator (From MovieWeb. 15 January 2016, 2:10 PM, PST)
- Adam Lambert Is Eddie in 'Rocky Horror' TV Remake (From MovieWeb. 14 January 2016, 3:20 PM, PST)