Director: Whit Stillman
Summary: The story revolves around a group of style-obsessed college girls who take in a new student (Gerwig) and teach her their misguided ways of helping people at their grungy university.
Analysis: The first film in a decade from arthouse darling Whit Stillman, a filmmaker's filmmaker whose three Manhattan-based, yuppie-themed mannerist comedies - "Metropolitan," "Barcelona" and "The Last Days of Disco" - were a big influence on the likes of auteurs such as Wes Anderson and Noah Baumbach. Stillman says this film varies somewhat from his previous trilogy of sorts, telling First Things that "This film is different, Completely different. Okay, not completely different, but it’s different".
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Director Uwe Boll Retires From Filmmaking, Says ‘The Market Is Dead’ (From Indiewire. 26 October 2016, 10:26 AM, PDT)
- Gaming the Oscars: How Actors Hedge their Bets When They Submit as Lead or Supporting (From Indiewire. 26 October 2016, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Everything That Has Happened Since Angelina Jolie Filed For Divorce From Brad Pitt (From Popsugar. 26 October 2016, 8:25 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hanks Has Some Ideas About Gender-Swapped ‘Splash’ Remake With Channing Tatum (From ET Canada. 26 October 2016, 10:57 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hanks Wants In on Channing Tatum’s Gender-Swapped Splash Remake — and He Has a Few Ideas for It (From PEOPLE.com. 26 October 2016, 10:54 AM, PDT)
- This Is Why Jenna Dewan Tatum Just Stripped Down on Instagram (From Popsugar. 26 October 2016, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Wolverine sizes himself up in the latest Logan image from James Mangold (From JoBlo. 26 October 2016, 12:33 PM, PDT)
- New ‘Logan’ Photo Has Wolverine Looking Much, Much Worse for the Wear (From Slash Film. 26 October 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Logan Loses the Ability to Heal in New Wolverine 3 Photo (From MovieWeb. 26 October 2016, 10:07 AM, PDT)