The longrunning series, which began as a 1992 film starring Kristy Swanson, is being re-imagined for a movie adaptation, with a new actress playing the cheerleader-turned-vampire hunter portrayed by Sarah Michelle Gellar on TV.
But Brendon, who played Xander Harris on the show, is worried the film will not find the same fanbase as the TV phenomenon gained.
He tells E! News, "I think it's a mistake. They have to reach a whole completely new fanbase, and we already have that fanbase. So it's going to really be hard to do that. But you know everyone - they remade The Flintstones. Twice, I think."
Brendon's former co-stars Alyson Hannigan, Michelle Trachtenberg and Anthony Head have all previously publicly condemned the planned remake, while creator Joss Whedon has also spoken out against the new movie.
Similar News ItemsJoss Whedon
- Why All Film Directors Should Be Forced To Make A Film For $7,000 (From Flickeringmyth. 30 August 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Designing New Powers Blu-ray featurette for Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 30 August 2015, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- Becoming Vision Blu-ray featurette for Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 28 August 2015, 9:53 AM, PDT)
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Frank Dillane (From TVLine.com. 29 August 2015, 6:42 AM, PDT)
- Defiance Finale Recap: Bon Voyage...? (From TVLine.com. 28 August 2015, 6:36 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Shield’ Being Remastered for 4K Widescreen Release (From Slash Film. 28 August 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Nicholas Brendon Walks Off ‘The Dr. Phil Show’ Before Finishing Interview On Recent Troubles (From Uinterview. 28 August 2015, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- Buffy’s Nicholas Brendon Walked Off the Set of Dr. Phil, But the Episode Was Still ‘Completed’ [Updated] (From Vulture. 27 August 2015, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Star Nicholas Brendon Explains Why He Walked Off Dr. Phil Set: He ''Went for the Jugular'' (From E! Online. 27 August 2015, 9:40 AM, PDT)