God bless "The Daily Show." Only Jon Stewart can spin a segment on Orwellian government control into a maybe-not-so-sarcastic suggestion that we'd all be better off under the protection of Buffy Summers.
Discussing the many different kinds of pop culture older siblings who might best represent the American version of "Big Brother" on the Dec. 14 episode, Stewart touches on the good (Greg Brady, Rog Thomas ) and the bad (Fredo Corleone, Wayne Arnold).
He concludes that a sister is a better option, and he has one in mind.
"That's the kind of government even tea parties can get behind," he says, further nestling his way into our hearts forever.
Similar News Items"The Daily Show" (1996)
- Jessica Williams to play an aspiring sci-fi writer in new Showtime series (From The AV Club. 21 September 2017, 1:06 PM, PDT)
- Jessica Williams to Star in Showtime Series (From Women and Hollywood. 21 September 2017, 12:31 PM, PDT)
- Jessica Williams To Topline Comedy In Works At Showtime, Jim Strouse To Direct (From Deadline TV. 21 September 2017, 10:02 AM, PDT)
Sarah Palin (I)
- Jan Ravens: perfect mimic for our times | Observer profile (From The Guardian - TV News. 2 September 2017, 4:05 PM, PDT)
- Prediction: It's CNN — Not the N.Y. Times — Headed to Supreme Court in Defamation Battle (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 30 August 2017, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- Judge throws out Sarah Palin's New York Times defamation suit (From The AV Club. 29 August 2017, 2:17 PM, PDT)
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)
- The 8 Scariest Episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Ever (From BuzzSugar. 21 September 2017, 6:14 PM, PDT)
- Rollback Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 1 (From The Cultural Post. 20 September 2017, 1:54 PM, PDT)
- 'Firefly' at 15: How a Canceled Show Became a Cult Favorite (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 20 September 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)