Once so dazzling in films such as Jurassic Park and The Matrix, computer graphics are now a common sight on the small screen and in cinema. And Ryan's not happy...
Andrex adverts now feature creepy CG puppies. In a slightly eerie usage of computer technology, digital dogs use laptops, bake cakes and drive taxis in an effort to sell us toilet paper.
The Andrex ad, with its sinister dogs from the Uncanny Valley, is evidence, if any were needed, of the ubiquity of computer graphics. Once a novelty, the use of CG has become so cheap and commonplace that you're as likely to see a fully computer animated mammal in a commercial for toilet roll as you are in a big-budget Hollywood blockbuster.
Back in the late-70s and 80s, big screen visual effects went through a remarkable period of transition. The use of scale miniatures, matte painting and backscreen »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Exclusive: Nicholas Hoult on his X-Men future & Felicity Jones reflects on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (From HeyUGuys. 24 February 2017, 1:55 AM, PST)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of Cable & Streaming TV Shows (S-z) (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 February 2017, 11:13 PM, PST)
- An Unaltered Version Of The Original Star Wars Trilogy May Be Released This Year (From We Got This Covered. 23 February 2017, 5:08 PM, PST)
- "Alien: Covenant" - A Dangerous World (From SneakPeek. 23 February 2017, 1:43 PM, PST)
- Meet the Alien: Covenant Crew in The Last Supper Short Film (From Cinelinx. 23 February 2017, 12:14 PM, PST)
- 'Alien: Covenant' Teaser — The Callbacks You May Have Missed (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 23 February 2017, 12:06 PM, PST)
Jurassic Park (1993)
- Star Wars fan art depicts Jar Jar Binks as The Last Jedi (From Flickeringmyth. 23 February 2017, 3:30 PM, PST)
- Southern Fury review – Nicolas Cage in a fatuous burst of righteous revenge (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 February 2017, 2:00 PM, PST)
- New to Netflix in March: ‘The Discovery,’ ‘Burning Sands’ and More Sundance Offerings (From Indiewire. 23 February 2017, 10:13 AM, PST)