The Young Victoria star insists the role was the most challenging thing she has ever done, and she hated her diet.
She tells WENN, "It's an endurance test physically because you are effectively living the life of an athlete for months on end. I'd work out for two hours a day and dance for three hours a day, six days a week, and I ate nothing but chicken, salad and veg, which I hate - because I eat like a truck driver."
And Blunt now thinks all ballerinas are mad for striving for perfection at all times: "They're all weirdos. All of those dancers are striving for that ethereal precision and it's their whole existence. They don't know who they are if they can't dance.
"I found it very hard because I never danced before. It was so alien to me but it's soul building doing something that embarrasses and terrifies you until you get to the point where you can pass as a dancer. The trainers from Cedar Lake modern dance company were very tough on me saying things like, 'Put your shoulders down, it looks terrible. Your arms look weird...' They don't want some actress misrepresenting how brilliant they are and kind of waltzing in thinking, 'I can do it,' because I couldn't do it... It was exhausting."
Similar News ItemsEmily Blunt
- Anne Hathaway Opens Up About Being a Mom to Little "Johnny" (From Popsugar. 24 May 2016, 6:34 AM, PDT)
- Gillian Anderson Responds to Push for Her as the Next 'Bond. Jane Bond' (From Moviefone. 23 May 2016, 7:03 AM, PDT)
- Bond... Jane Bond? X-Files Star Gillian Anderson Responds To Being Fan-Cast As The Next 007 (From ComicBookMovie. 22 May 2016, 4:41 AM, PDT)
The Adjustment Bureau (2011)
- ‘Scrap Garden’ Review – Mechanically Moving (From SoundOnSight. 23 May 2016, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- Bryan Cranston Takes on Philip K. Dick Anthology Series (From MovieWeb. 12 May 2016, 10:59 AM, PDT)
- Bryan Cranston to Star in Philip K. Dick Anthology! (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 10 May 2016, 3:25 PM, PDT)
The Young Victoria (2009)
- Best Royal Movies (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 17 April 2016, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- ‘Awards Chatter’ Podcast — Sandy Powell (‘Carol,’ ‘Cinderella’) (From Scott Feinberg. 24 February 2016, 9:26 AM, PST)
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Costume Design (From Indiewire. 5 February 2016, 6:15 AM, PST)