The Young Victoria star insists the role was the most challenging thing she has ever done, and she hated her diet.
She tells WENN, "It's an endurance test physically because you are effectively living the life of an athlete for months on end. I'd work out for two hours a day and dance for three hours a day, six days a week, and I ate nothing but chicken, salad and veg, which I hate - because I eat like a truck driver."
And Blunt now thinks all ballerinas are mad for striving for perfection at all times: "They're all weirdos. All of those dancers are striving for that ethereal precision and it's their whole existence. They don't know who they are if they can't dance.
"I found it very hard because I never danced before. It was so alien to me but it's soul building doing something that embarrasses and terrifies you until you get to the point where you can pass as a dancer. The trainers from Cedar Lake modern dance company were very tough on me saying things like, 'Put your shoulders down, it looks terrible. Your arms look weird...' They don't want some actress misrepresenting how brilliant they are and kind of waltzing in thinking, 'I can do it,' because I couldn't do it... It was exhausting."
Similar News ItemsEmily Blunt
- Happy Star Wars Day. Love, Lin-Manuel Miranda and J.J. Abrams (From Hitfix. 4 May 2016, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Heavenly designs by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 3 May 2016, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- The Met Gala Hosted the Most Famous Baby Bumps This Year (From Popsugar. 2 May 2016, 6:30 PM, PDT)
The Adjustment Bureau (2011)
- Kickass 'Game Of Thrones' Star Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' (From LatinoReview. 8 April 2016, 7:10 AM, PDT)
- How a Bruce Lee Origin Tale Is Taking Flight With Chinese Money and Abundant Diplomacy (From Variety - Film News. 28 January 2016, 4:01 PM, PST)
- Flash Gordon to get a rewrite from Thor scribe (From Flickeringmyth. 19 January 2016, 7:30 AM, PST)
The Young Victoria (2009)
- Best Royal Movies (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 17 April 2016, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- ‘Awards Chatter’ Podcast — Sandy Powell (‘Carol,’ ‘Cinderella’) (From Scott Feinberg. 24 February 2016, 9:26 AM, PST)
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Costume Design (From Indiewire. 5 February 2016, 6:15 AM, PST)