Selena Gomez became emotional as she remembered a family that drowned last month after their van was tragically swept away in the rising floodwaters in her hometown of Houston during Hurricane Harvey.
At Tuesday’s celebrity telethon to raise money for hurricane relief efforts, Gomez spoke through tears as she remembered the Saldivar family – relatives of the late singer Selena Quintanilla.
“August 27, seven members of the Saldivar family tried to escape the rising flood waters. Their van is swept into the bayou, only Sammy Saldivar manages to survive,” Gomez, 25, said during the Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Relief telethon. »
- Char Adams
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- George Clooney Rips Into Trump, Blasts Billionaire Who ‘Takes A S**t In A Gold Toilet’ For Criticizing ‘Hollywood Elites’ (From ET Canada. 23 September 2017, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon to play a con man in Charlatan (From Flickeringmyth. 23 September 2017, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney To Donald Trump: “F*ck You!” (From GossipCop. 23 September 2017, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- HBO's Spielberg Documentary Trailer Explores the Genius Behind the Director (From MovieWeb. 24 September 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- HBO releases trailer for its Spielberg documentary (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2017, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Scorsese Praise Steven Spielberg in First Doc Trailer (From Rolling Stone. 24 September 2017, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- The Best Coach Bags on Sale for Under $200 (From PEOPLE.com. 24 September 2017, 4:26 PM, PDT)
- Selena Gomez Did Not Get Dog To Help Heal After Kidney Transplant, Despite Report (From GossipCop. 23 September 2017, 9:55 PM, PDT)
- Selena Gomez’s New Puppy Helping Her Heal With ‘Love & Support’ After Kidney Transplant (From HollywoodLife. 23 September 2017, 10:06 AM, PDT)