Selena Gomez became emotional as she remembered a family that drowned last month after their van was tragically swept away in the rising floodwaters in her hometown of Houston during Hurricane Harvey.
At Tuesday’s celebrity telethon to raise money for hurricane relief efforts, Gomez spoke through tears as she remembered the Saldivar family – relatives of the late singer Selena Quintanilla.
“August 27, seven members of the Saldivar family tried to escape the rising flood waters. Their van is swept into the bayou, only Sammy Saldivar manages to survive,” Gomez, 25, said during the Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Relief telethon. »
- Char Adams
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- ‘Hand in Hand’ Hurricane Relief Telethon Raises More Than $55 Million (From Variety - TV News. 20 September 2017, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- Olivia Munn basically had to pay to be in Ocean's Eight (From The AV Club. 20 September 2017, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- Matt Damon to star in and produce false claims doctor film Charlatan (From JoBlo. 19 September 2017, 3:06 PM, PDT)
- Taika Waititi in talks to direct Akira adaptation (From Flickeringmyth. 20 September 2017, 4:14 AM, PDT)
- Thor Raganok’s Taika Waititi Reportedly In Talks For Akira Remake (From The Hollywood News. 20 September 2017, 3:38 AM, PDT)
- Akira Targets Thor: Ragnarok Director Taika Waititi (From MovieWeb. 19 September 2017, 7:31 PM, PDT)
- Selena Gomez Is Taking ‘Great Care’ of Herself After Kidney Transplant — Inside Her Recovery (From PEOPLE.com. 20 September 2017, 5:15 AM, PDT)
- Simon Cowell’s Boy Band Prettymuch Drops Music Video for Debut Single “Would You Mind.” (From PEOPLE.com. 19 September 2017, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Selena Gomez Is Making More Than $30 Million for Her Puma Collab (From E! Online. 18 September 2017, 3:12 PM, PDT)