It seems that audiences are eager to drown out the threat of nuclear armageddon on the Korean peninsula by hitting up the multiplexes this weekend. Nothing makes Americans forget about a looming missile crisis like a demonically possessed children’s toy.
With cable news chyrons blaring the latest in the war of words between Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump, “Annabelle: Creation” is shaping up to be a much more potent force than initially anticipated. The Warner Bros. and New Line horror film is on track to bring in as much as $38 million this weekend from 3,502 locations, according to Friday afternoon projections. Some rival studios even think it has a chance of hitting $40 million. No matter where it lands, the opening weekend will be a nice return on the film’s $15 million production budget. It’s also a much bigger debut than the $25 million launch that many were predicting the film would enjoy.
- Brent Lang
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Netflix doesn’t consider Amazon as competition (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 6:40 PM, PDT)
- The Tweets Are All Right (From FilmExperience. 17 August 2017, 5:49 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan flying to China to support Dunkirk release (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- The Guardians And Avengers Assemble On New Infinity War Promo Art (From We Got This Covered. 17 August 2017, 5:57 PM, PDT)
- New Captain Marvel Writer Won't Start Script from Scratch (From MovieWeb. 17 August 2017, 5:09 PM, PDT)
- The Avengers, the Guardians and Spider-Man team-up for Avengers: Infinity War promo art (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 4:39 PM, PDT)
The Dark Tower (2017)
- Box Office: It Reboot Poised For Huge $50 Million-Plus Opening Weekend (From We Got This Covered. 17 August 2017, 3:05 PM, PDT)
- Summer Slows to a Crawl as 'Hitman's Bodyguard' and 'Logan Lucky' Debut (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 17 August 2017, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- Stephen King adaptation It looks set to float with record-breaking September opening (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 9:15 AM, PDT)