It seems that audiences are eager to drown out the threat of nuclear armageddon on the Korean peninsula by hitting up the multiplexes this weekend. Nothing makes Americans forget about a looming missile crisis like a demonically possessed children’s toy.
With cable news chyrons blaring the latest in the war of words between Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump, “Annabelle: Creation” is shaping up to be a much more potent force than initially anticipated. The Warner Bros. and New Line horror film is on track to bring in as much as $38 million this weekend from 3,502 locations, according to Friday afternoon projections. Some rival studios even think it has a chance of hitting $40 million. No matter where it lands, the opening weekend will be a nice return on the film’s $15 million production budget. It’s also a much bigger debut than the $25 million launch that many were predicting the film would enjoy.
- Brent Lang
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- 10 Most Anticipated New Films of Oscar Season (From Variety - Film News. 23 August 2017, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- How Matt Reeves’ The Batman Will Differ From The Dark Knight (From Screen Rant. 23 August 2017, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- The Internet Reacts To News Of A Joker Origin Movie (From We Got This Covered. 23 August 2017, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Jon Favreau featured in Avengers 4 set photo (From Flickeringmyth. 23 August 2017, 7:39 AM, PDT)
- Marvel Has McU Plans For At Least The Next 10-20 Years (From We Got This Covered. 22 August 2017, 6:34 PM, PDT)
- Latest Set Photos Confirm Pepper Potts For The Untitled Avengers 4 (From We Got This Covered. 22 August 2017, 2:27 PM, PDT)
The Dark Tower (2017)
- It Movie Tickets Have Officially Gone on Sale (From MovieWeb. 23 August 2017, 2:57 PM, PDT)
- Friday Fury: 4 major Hindi releases will jostle for screen space with 2 Hollywood biggies this Friday (From BollywoodHungama. 22 August 2017, 9:41 PM, PDT)
- Why Stephen King Had Nothing to Do with the It Movie (From MovieWeb. 22 August 2017, 11:03 AM, PDT)