It seems that audiences are eager to drown out the threat of nuclear armageddon on the Korean peninsula by hitting up the multiplexes this weekend. Nothing makes Americans forget about a looming missile crisis like a demonically possessed children’s toy.
With cable news chyrons blaring the latest in the war of words between Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump, “Annabelle: Creation” is shaping up to be a much more potent force than initially anticipated. The Warner Bros. and New Line horror film is on track to bring in as much as $38 million this weekend from 3,502 locations, according to Friday afternoon projections. Some rival studios even think it has a chance of hitting $40 million. No matter where it lands, the opening weekend will be a nice return on the film’s $15 million production budget. It’s also a much bigger debut than the $25 million launch that many were predicting the film would enjoy.
- Brent Lang
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Wonder Woman Is Now The Highest Grossing Superhero Origin Story (From We Got This Covered. 20 August 2017, 3:42 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan Sank a $500,000 IMAX Camera Making Dunkirk (From MovieWeb. 20 August 2017, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Tops Weekend with $21M+ Opening as 'Logan Lucky' Falls Short (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 20 August 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Cinemaholics #28: Logan Lucky Review (From We Got This Covered. 20 August 2017, 6:37 PM, PDT)
- The Avengers, the Guardians and Spider-Man team-up for Avengers: Infinity War promo art (From Flickeringmyth. 18 August 2017, 12:39 AM, PDT)
- The Guardians And Avengers Assemble On New Infinity War Promo Art (From We Got This Covered. 17 August 2017, 5:57 PM, PDT)
The Dark Tower (2017)
- Box Office Weekend: The Hitman’s Bodyguard Bumps Off Annabelle (From CinemaNerdz. 20 August 2017, 9:01 PM, PDT)
- ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Leads Worst Summer Weekend in Two Years; ‘Logan Lucky’ Opens Soft (From Indiewire. 20 August 2017, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Hitman's Bodyguard Wins at the Box Office with $21.6M (From MovieWeb. 20 August 2017, 11:49 AM, PDT)