While his highly anticipated movie version of Stephen King’s “It” doesn’t bow for another two months, Andy Muschietti looks to have already found his follow-up, attaching himself to Sony’s adaptation of “Robotech.”
Muschietti’s creative partner Barbara Muschietti will join Gianni Nunnari and Mark Canton in producing the project, which is based on the 1980s cartoon series from Harmony Gold USA and Japan’s Tatsunoko Productions.
The story is set in a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology of an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific island and is now using that technology to fight off an impending alien invasion.
- Justin Kroll
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Movie Review: Dunkirk (From CinemaNerdz. 21 July 2017, 8:24 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Dunkirk’ Battles to $5.5 Million in Thursday Night Shows (From Variety - Film News. 21 July 2017, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan’s ‘Dunkirk’ Battles to $5.5 Million at Thursday Box Office (From The Wrap. 21 July 2017, 7:36 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 21 July 2017, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- These Photos of Leonardo DiCaprio Beg the Question: How Hard Is It to Carry a Bag? (From Popsugar. 19 July 2017, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cast: Where You’ve Seen Christopher Nolan’s Ensemble Before (From Indiewire. 19 July 2017, 11:43 AM, PDT)
- RuPaul, Lupita Nyong'o and Diddy Look Stunning in 2018 Pirelli Calendar -- See the Behind-the-Scenes Pics! (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 July 2017, 8:59 PM, PDT)
- Emmys 2017: Where the Ladies At? The Brand New Music Supervision Category (From Variety - TV News. 14 July 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- "X-Men: Dark Phoenix" Updates (From SneakPeek. 13 July 2017, 7:36 AM, PDT)