Four different actresses just received Emmy nominations for their work on “Big Little Lies.” Not among them, for obvious reasons, is Naomi Watts, who doesn’t actually appear in the acclaimed HBO miniseries — but, according to an extensive new Guardian profile, she almost did.
Read More‘Gypsy’ Spoiler Review: Let’s Talk About That Ending, Bad Binge Habits, and Naomi Watts’ Worst Character Ever
“We talked about doing that together,” Watts says of her longtime friend Nicole Kidman, who produced and stars in the adaptation of Liane Moriarty’s novel of the same name. “I might have been in it.” Actually in the show are Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern, Shailene Woodley and Alexander Skarsgård, all of whom are now up for Emmys (as is Kidman). Watts got to star in “Twin Peaks,” though, so who got the last laugh?
Read MoreIndie Film Invades the Emmys: Jean Marc-Vallée, Reed Morano and »
- Michael Nordine
Similar News ItemsReese Witherspoon
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Her Mom Blythe Danner Attend Goop Event in Matching Prada Pantsuits (From PEOPLE.com. 21 July 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Why ‘Master of None’ Leads New Music Supervisor Emmy Race (From Indiewire. 21 July 2017, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Remote Controlled: Nicole Kidman on ‘Big Little Lies’ — ‘I Didn’t Realize How Disturbing It Was Going to Be’ (From Variety - TV News. 21 July 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Watch the DC Extended Universe Comic-Con panel for Justice League (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- Description of the Aquaman footage shown at Comic-Con (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2017, 3:34 PM, PDT)
- ‘Aquaman’ Movie: First Footage Debuts at Comic-Con (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2017, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Box Office: War For The Planet Of The Apes collects Rs. 12.75 cr in Week 1 (From BollywoodHungama. 22 July 2017, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Venice: New Films by George Clooney, Guillermo Del Toro, Stephen Frears Expected to World Premiere (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 21 July 2017, 6:05 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Night Out With Amy Schumer While Still Battling the 'Stomach Flu' (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 July 2017, 10:17 AM, PDT)