Broadchurch star becomes 13th actor to lead BBC series.
Whittaker replaces the outgoing Peter Capaldi, and in the process becomes the first woman to lead the long-running BBC series.
First airing in 1964, Doctor Who follows its titular protagonist as he explores the universe in his time-travelling spaceship known as the Tardis.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Tom Grater)
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (1963)
- The History of Bad Ideas – Episode 185: Hobi Goes Speedo (From Blogomatic3000. 20 July 2017, 2:01 AM, PDT)
- Time And Relative Dimensions In Selby | Letters (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 July 2017, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Highest paid actors at the BBC revealed (From ScreenDaily. 19 July 2017, 6:05 AM, PDT)
Matt Smith (XI)
- Steven Moffat Reveals His Biggest Doctor Who Regret (From We Got This Covered. 19 July 2017, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- Juno Temple to Co-Star With Claire Foy in Steven Soderbergh’s Next Movie (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 18 July 2017, 4:52 PM, PDT)
- 16 Stars Who Went to Comic-Con in Disguise, From Justin Timberlake to Henry Cavill (Photos) (From The Wrap. 17 July 2017, 3:15 PM, PDT)
David Tennant (I)
- BBC Report Reveals How Much Each Of The Doctors Made (From We Got This Covered. 20 July 2017, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- BBC One Responds to Female 'Dr. Who' Casting Haters, Says Jodie Whittaker Will be an 'Iconic Doctor' (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 July 2017, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- The Best TV Shows Based on Comic Books, Manga, and Graphic Novels — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire Television. 18 July 2017, 8:35 AM, PDT)