Sam Neill has been added to the cast of Alcatraz, the Fox pilot that J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions is producing. The Jurassic Park star joins the group that already includes Sarah Jones as the show's lead, Jorge Garcia (Hurley from Lost) as an Alcatraz expert, Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner.
We learned last month that the show will have a supernatural element to it. Jones' character is an FBI agent that is called in when a group of prisoners and guards who have been missing for over 30 years suddenly reappears on the island prison. Neill is playing Emerson Hauser, described as the chief of a government agency by Deadline. Whether his character is Jones' boss at the FBI or the top dog at a different alphabet agency is unknown right now.
The latest news break suggests that both the prisoners and the guards seem to go on »
- Patrick Sauriol
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Leaked Description Of New Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer Surfaces (From We Got This Covered. 25 September 2017, 7:06 PM, PDT)
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ is a Lot of Fun (And a Little Confusing) For ‘Trek’ Newbies (From Slash Film. 25 September 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Rey Reunites with Han Solo and Chewbacca in New Star Wars Animated Short (From MovieWeb. 25 September 2017, 9:15 AM, PDT)
Jurassic Park (1993)
- Stars come out to praise Steven Spielberg in trailer for new HBO documentary (From JoBlo. 25 September 2017, 6:38 PM, PDT)
- Potd: The Indominus Rex of ‘Jurassic World’ Almost Looked Completely Different (From Slash Film. 25 September 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- HBO's Spielberg Documentary Trailer Explores the Genius Behind the Director (From MovieWeb. 24 September 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
Bad Robot [us]
- It’s Official! Jj Abrams Will Return To Direct ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ (From Age of the Nerd. 16 September 2017, 1:37 AM, PDT)
- What We Know About Hulu’s ‘Castle Rock’ Thus Far! (From Age of the Nerd. 13 September 2017, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars: Episode IX Release Date Set For December 20, 2019; J.J. Abrams To Write and Direct (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 12 September 2017, 2:07 PM, PDT)