Universal is trucking along with it's Scarface reboot, despite some very vocal fans declaring it blasphemous. Today, we have word that Suicide Squad director David Ayer is getting ready to take on the project. So, what exactly does that mean for Gotham City Sirens over at DC?
The 1983 version of Scarface is a rare beast in cinema. It has gone beyond being 'just a movie' to being a way of life. It's almost a religion in the same way that Star Wars has become one. And though it depicts an Italian gangster's rise and fall, the hip hop community has gravitated to its messages of wealth and power the most. The new Scarface is not delving into Black culture, though. This new take will follow the rise and fall of a Mexican gangster, giving it a whole new spin.
And who better to capture that than director David Ayer, who »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Barry Jenkins On His James Baldwin Adaptation and Life After ‘Moonlight’ (From Indiewire. 19 September 2017, 8:41 AM, PDT)
- Movie Talk: Jamie Lee Curtis Returning for ‘Halloween’ Reboot/Sequel (From Collider.com. 18 September 2017, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- The Craziest Hollywood Movies of the 21st Century — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 18 September 2017, 9:35 AM, PDT)
Warner Bros. [us]
- Taika Waititi now in talks for the live-action Akira movie (From The AV Club. 19 September 2017, 5:59 PM, PDT)
- Could ‘Kingsman’ or ‘Lego Ninjago’ Dethrone ‘It’ as Box Office Champ? (From The Wrap. 19 September 2017, 4:33 PM, PDT)
- Jon Gonda Moves To Paramount From Warner Bros (From Deadline. 19 September 2017, 2:28 PM, PDT)
Suicide Squad (2016)
- 3-Hour ‘Superman: The Movie’ Extended Cut Getting Official Release (From The Playlist. 19 September 2017, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- ‘Nightwing’ Helmer Praises “Director-Driven” Dceu (From The Playlist. 18 September 2017, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- Details on ‘Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets’ In-home Release (From Age of the Nerd. 16 September 2017, 12:36 PM, PDT)