Former congressman Anthony Weiner admitted in court Friday to sending sexually explicit messages and photos to a 15-year-old girl, People confirms.
Weiner pleaded guilty in federal court to a single count of transferring obscene material to a minor. The disgraced politician surrendered to the FBI in New York Friday morning, and pleaded guilty before United States District Judge Loretta Preska.
Weiner was released on bail and will be sentenced on September 8. He faces up to 10 years in prison.
A court official tells People Weiner fought through tears as he read a statement in court. He acknowledged sending sexually explicit texts »
- Tierney McAfee and Chris Harris
Similar News ItemsHillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Criticizes Trump's 'Dangerous' U.N. Address on Colbert (From TVLine.com. 19 September 2017, 5:35 PM, PDT)
- Hillary Clinton Blasts Trump’s ‘Very Dark, Dangerous’ Un Speech on North Korea (Video) (From The Wrap. 19 September 2017, 5:23 PM, PDT)
- Very Smart Brothas Straight Black Men Are the White People of Black People | The Concourse What Is M (From The AV Club. 19 September 2017, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- Hillary Clinton Reveals Sobbing Moment When Huma Abedin Learned Anthony Weiner Was Behind Comey’s October Surprise (From PEOPLE.com. 12 September 2017, 8:06 AM, PDT)
- ‘It Was Going Downhill Really Fast’: Anthony Weiner Sexting Victim Speaks Out (From Mediaite - TV. 9 September 2017, 3:41 PM, PDT)
- People Goes Behind the Ripped Headlines with a New True Crime Stories Special Issue (From PEOPLE.com. 28 August 2017, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Broken Anthony Weiner Admits in Tortured Letter to Judge That His Sexting Scandal ‘Crushed’ Wife Huma Abedin’s Career (From PEOPLE.com. 14 September 2017, 2:27 PM, PDT)
- Anthony Weiner Begs Judge For Mercy So He Can Make Good with Huma, Son (From TMZ. 14 September 2017, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- See Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin Appear Together in Divorce Court (From PEOPLE.com. 13 September 2017, 2:04 PM, PDT)