Former congressman Anthony Weiner admitted in court Friday to sending sexually explicit messages and photos to a 15-year-old girl, People confirms.
Weiner pleaded guilty in federal court to a single count of transferring obscene material to a minor. The disgraced politician surrendered to the FBI in New York Friday morning, and pleaded guilty before United States District Judge Loretta Preska.
Weiner was released on bail and will be sentenced on September 8. He faces up to 10 years in prison.
A court official tells People Weiner fought through tears as he read a statement in court. He acknowledged sending sexually explicit texts »
- Tierney McAfee and Chris Harris
Similar News ItemsHillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Questions Whether Melania Trump Is ‘Serious About Actually Following Through’ And Tackling Cyberbullying (From PEOPLE.com. 20 September 2017, 4:32 PM, PDT)
- Chelsea Clinton Scolds Trump for Blocking Cancer Patient on Twitter: ‘I Didn’t Block Him’ After Hillary Golf Ball Tweet (From PEOPLE.com. 20 September 2017, 1:02 PM, PDT)
- Hillary Clinton’s ‘What Happened’ Sells Most Hardcover Copies of Nonfiction Books Since 2012 (From The Wrap. 20 September 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Anthony Weiner, Prosecutors Want Him Locked Up in Prison for Up to 27 Months (From TMZ. 20 September 2017, 9:24 AM, PDT)
- Hillary Clinton Reveals Sobbing Moment When Huma Abedin Learned Anthony Weiner Was Behind Comey’s October Surprise (From PEOPLE.com. 12 September 2017, 8:06 AM, PDT)
- ‘It Was Going Downhill Really Fast’: Anthony Weiner Sexting Victim Speaks Out (From Mediaite - TV. 9 September 2017, 3:41 PM, PDT)
- Broken Anthony Weiner Admits in Tortured Letter to Judge That His Sexting Scandal ‘Crushed’ Wife Huma Abedin’s Career (From PEOPLE.com. 14 September 2017, 2:27 PM, PDT)
- Anthony Weiner Begs Judge For Mercy So He Can Make Good with Huma, Son (From TMZ. 14 September 2017, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- See Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin Appear Together in Divorce Court (From PEOPLE.com. 13 September 2017, 2:04 PM, PDT)