Jesse Eisenberg dabbled with biographical films in 2010’s The Social Network, where he played Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg. Now Variety reports the Now You See Me 2 star is going full biopic for an upcoming movie about Marcel Marceau, the internationally renowned mime and actor who was a part of the French Resistance in his youth. Eisenberg will play Marceau, who joined the French underground in Limoges, where he would alter the ages on the identification cards of other Jewish teens in an effort to keep them out of the labor camps. He also hid Jewish children from the Gestapo, and even posed as a Boy Scout leader to smuggle them into Switzerland. Sadly, when he returned to his hometown of Strasbourg, he learned his father had been captured and sent to Auschwitz, where he was killed along with so many others.
Jonathan Jakubowicz is writing and directing the ...
- Danette Chavez
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Another Film Podcast #13: The Maltese Falcon / Chinatown / Brick (From Cinelinx. 17 May 2017, 4:16 PM, PDT)
- 21 of the Smolderiest Pictures of Your Handmaid's Tale Crush, Max Minghella (From Popsugar. 17 May 2017, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Return as Host for 2018 Oscars (From MovieWeb. 16 May 2017, 4:59 PM, PDT)
- Before ‘The Meyerowitz Stories,’ Noah Baumbach’s ‘Kicking and Screaming’ Captured Adults Coming of Age — Cannes 2017 (From Indiewire. 20 May 2017, 12:07 PM, PDT)
- Jesse Eisenberg to play mime Marcel Marceau in Resistance (From Flickeringmyth. 20 May 2017, 12:20 AM, PDT)
- Jesse Eisenberg, Mackenzie Davis, Carrie Brownstein, Sandra Bullock & More Line Up New Projects (From The Playlist. 19 May 2017, 8:11 AM, PDT)
- Facebook Leaks: Live Streamed Suicides Allowed on Site, Nudity Gets Removed (From The Wrap. 22 May 2017, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Mark Zuckerberg Says He’s Not Running for Public Office (From The Wrap. 22 May 2017, 8:06 AM, PDT)
- Proof That Mark Zuckerberg Was Least-Excited Harvard Admit Ever (Video) (From The Wrap. 18 May 2017, 2:13 PM, PDT)