The deal was announced Thursday at the Cannes Film Festival, where Sierra/Affinity is handling foreign sales. It’s the second release for Annapurna’s nascent distribution operation, which launches with the Aug. 4 opening of “Detroit,” Kathryn Bigelow’s drama about the race riots of 1967.
Amazon Studios came on to co-finance and handle the North American theatrical release of “Brad’s Status” in October. Mike White directed the movie, which also stars Michael Sheen, Luke Wilson, Jenna Fischer and Austin Abrams.
Sidney Kimmel Entertainment first unveiled the project in July after White brought the project to Ske with Plan B attached. Ske, Plan B, and Dave Bernad are producing. Ske and Amazon are co-financing the film.
Stiller plays the titular Brad who, »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Says He'll Be Back In Next Terminator Film (From LRM Online. 22 May 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Adam McKay Believes Hot-Button Politics Can Grow Into A Viable Film Genre – Deadline Disruptors (From Deadline. 21 May 2017, 9:27 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Download THR's Day 3 Daily (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 18 May 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Nantucket Film Festival: Ben Stiller to Host Screenwriters Tribute, 'Ingrid Goes West' Joins Lineup (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 22 May 2017, 3:07 PM, PDT)
- Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Teams With eOne on International Distribution (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2017, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Adam Sandler & Ben Stiller talk reuniting for The Meyerowitz Stories (From JoBlo. 22 May 2017, 10:25 AM, PDT)
Adam Sandler (I)
- First look at Hotel Transylvania series, premiere date & teaser trailer (From JoBlo. 22 May 2017, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Adam Sandler Gives Surprisingly Poignant Performance In Netflix Film ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Debuting At Cannes (From Uinterview. 22 May 2017, 2:32 PM, PDT)
- Adam Sandler Gets Rave Reviews for His Latest Performance at the Cannes Film Festival (From Slash Film. 22 May 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)