The deal was announced Thursday at the Cannes Film Festival, where Sierra/Affinity is handling foreign sales. It’s the second release for Annapurna’s nascent distribution operation, which launches with the Aug. 4 opening of “Detroit,” Kathryn Bigelow’s drama about the race riots of 1967.
Amazon Studios came on to co-finance and handle the North American theatrical release of “Brad’s Status” in October. Mike White directed the movie, which also stars Michael Sheen, Luke Wilson, Jenna Fischer and Austin Abrams.
Sidney Kimmel Entertainment first unveiled the project in July after White brought the project to Ske with Plan B attached. Ske, Plan B, and Dave Bernad are producing. Ske and Amazon are co-financing the film.
Stiller plays the titular Brad who, »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- Christian Bale Goes 100% American Accent in Batman Interview with Charlie Rose in 2005 (From TVovermind.com. 19 September 2017, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Adam Bartley Joins Adam McKay’s Dick Cheney Film; Elaine Hendrix Cast In ‘Burying Yasmeen’ Indie (From Deadline. 19 September 2017, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- Memo to Distributors: Buy These 2017 Tiff Movies (From Indiewire. 19 September 2017, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- See Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller Spar in New 'Meyerowitz Stories' Trailer (From Rolling Stone. 20 September 2017, 8:30 PM, PDT)
- Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, and Dustin Hoffman are Family in Trailer for Noah Baumbach’s ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ (From The Film Stage. 20 September 2017, 7:44 PM, PDT)
- Sandler, Stiller & Hoffman shine in first The Meyerowitz Stories trailer (From JoBlo. 20 September 2017, 3:02 PM, PDT)
Adam Sandler (I)
- Spotlight: Adam Sandler's Charity Work (From Look to the Stars. 21 September 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- New Trailer Lands For Netflix’s ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ (From The Hollywood News. 21 September 2017, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- New trailer and posters for The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) (From Flickeringmyth. 21 September 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)