While one of 20th Century Fox’s marketing stunts for “A Cure for Wellness” — involving fake news stories planted across the web — blew up in its face, the studio also spread fiction of a more traditional sort across Facebook to promote the movie.
The studio worked with fan-fiction site Wattpad to enlist writers to craft stories inspired by the thriller, about a mysterious wellness center in the Swiss Alps. Unlike with the fake-news campaign, for which Fox apologized on Thursday, the Wattpad promos are clearly labeled as a “Cure for Wellness” tie-in.
Using Facebook’s Instant Articles feature, Wattpad earlier this month pushed the first chapter of “Pure” by Sandra Grayson (known as @SheHopes on the site) to the social network’s users to read for free in paid and organic promotions.
Grayson’s story, about a divorcee who seeks therapy at what turns out to be an ominous treatment facility, »
- Todd Spangler
Similar News ItemsParamount Pictures [us]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger says new Terminator will ignore the events of Genisys (From JoBlo. 22 September 2017, 7:29 PM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg to lead comedy Instant Family (From Flickeringmyth. 22 September 2017, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- The Terminator Reboot Will Reportedly Ignore Genisys; Schwarzenegger Hints At New Title (From We Got This Covered. 22 September 2017, 8:29 AM, PDT)
Universal Cable Productions [us]
- Experience Mind-Bending Horror & Watch the First Episode of Channel Zero: No-end House Online for Free (From DailyDead. 23 September 2017, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- ‘Happy!’: Debi Mazar & Michael Maize Set To Recur In Syfy Series (From Deadline TV. 22 September 2017, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- Eerie Artwork & Images from Channel Zero: No-end House (From DailyDead. 19 September 2017, 4:41 PM, PDT)
A Cure for Wellness (2016)
- The Craziest Hollywood Movies of the 21st Century — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 18 September 2017, 9:35 AM, PDT)
- Where have all the 18 certificate films gone? (From Den of Geek. 17 September 2017, 12:33 PM, PDT)
- mother! Review (From We Got This Covered. 14 September 2017, 12:48 PM, PDT)