In a statement to Et on Friday, the 40-year-old actor revealed that Phillips has been "quietly dealing with kidney disease" for years.
"Bijou was born with small kidneys and has been quietly dealing with kidney disease for the last five years, including being on the transplant list," read Masterson's statement. "In an effort to heal her body she has led a stress-free life with a vegan diet, which eventually wasn't enough, and she's been privately having dialysis."
"She recently found out one of her friends is a match and is optimistic that she will have a transplant soon," he added.
TMZ reported on Thursday that Phillips had been hospitalized in Santa Barbara and was in need of a kidney transplant after suffering a blood »
Similar News ItemsAshton Kutcher
- Ashton Kutcher Testifies At U.S. Senate About Human Trafficking [Video] (From Uinterview. 16 February 2017, 9:21 AM, PST)
- John McCain Loves Ashton Kutcher's Work, Outside Hollywood (Video) (From TMZ. 15 February 2017, 6:16 PM, PST)
- Ashton Kutcher Speaks Out Against Modern Day Slavery, Calls Philanthropic Work ‘My Day Job’ (From PEOPLE.com. 15 February 2017, 11:25 AM, PST)
- Danny Masterson Opens Up About Wife Bijou Phillips’ Kidney Disease, Is ‘Optimistic’ She’ll Get a Transplant (From ET Canada. 16 February 2017, 6:48 PM, PST)
- Bijou Phillips Hospitalized After Quietly Dealing With Kidney Disease for Five Years (From E! Online. 16 February 2017, 2:53 PM, PST)
- Bijou Phillips Reveals She Needs a Kidney Transplant (From PEOPLE.com. 16 February 2017, 2:47 PM, PST)
"That '70s Show" (1998)
- Ashton Kutcher Blows a Kiss to John McCain After Senator Says He's 'Better Looking in the Movies': Watch! (From Entertainment Tonight. 15 February 2017, 12:52 PM, PST)
- Mary Tyler Moore: Robert Redford, Viola Davis and More Grieve Over the TV Icon’s Death (From Indiewire Television. 25 January 2017, 2:12 PM, PST)
- Mary Tyler Moore: Robert Redford, Viola Davis and More Grieve Over the TV Icon’s Death (From Indiewire. 25 January 2017, 2:12 PM, PST)