Fox Entertainment president David Madden told reporters Wednesday that he had hoped to have an “X-Files” announcement to announce on Wednesday.
But alas, as Fox TV Group chairman/CEO Gary Newman told IndieWire later, a deal with stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, as well as executive producer Chris Carter, continues to be a logistic challenge for the network and sister studio 20th Century Fox TV.
As a result, Newman said he doesn’t expect the show to return during the upcoming 2017-18 TV season.
“My expectation is we will not have something next season,” he said. “It could be Fall 2018 or [Winter] 2019. It isn’t impossible that it couldn’t turn around and happen next year, but the clock is getting pretty tight. There’s no negativity, there’s no issues, I think they’d all like to do it. But it isn’t an easy decision for them. We »
- Michael Schneider
Similar News ItemsMichael Jackson (I)
- xXx: Return Of Xander Cage Review (From We Got This Covered. 19 January 2017, 2:32 PM, PST)
- Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Jackson and Marlon Brando’s Rumored September 11 Road Trip: The Truth Behind the Myth (From PEOPLE.com. 19 January 2017, 1:06 PM, PST)
- Everything We Know About Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl Performance — So Far (From PEOPLE.com. 19 January 2017, 7:45 AM, PST)
Alec Baldwin (I)
- Newswire: A celebrity-filled anti-Trump rally is streaming on Facebook right now (From The AV Club. 19 January 2017, 3:46 PM, PST)
- Robert De Niro, Alec Baldwin Address Crowd at Anti-Trump Rally in NYC (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 19 January 2017, 12:27 PM, PST)
- Robert De Niro, Alec Baldwin Address Crowd at Anti-Trump Rally in NYC (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 19 January 2017, 12:27 PM, PST)
- Mark Burnett’s Ties to Trump Put Him in Tricky Situation (From Variety - TV News. 19 January 2017, 11:20 AM, PST)
- Overused Movie Trailer Sound Effects Are Slammed In New Supercut — Watch (From Indiewire. 19 January 2017, 10:20 AM, PST)
- Nicholas Hoult & Felicity Jones Drive For Love In New Trailer For ‘Collide’ (From The Playlist. 18 January 2017, 1:23 PM, PST)