London — Disney Studios India is teaming with “Lagaan” director Ashutosh Gowariker for “Mohenjo Daro,” a period adventure and love story set during the Indus Valley Civilization.
Shooting will start in South Africa in October.
Gowariker, who also produces, specializes in period pieces. His “Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India,” set during the days of the British Raj and starring Aamir Khan, won an Oscar nomination for foreign-language film and was a massive box office success. Another Gowariker hit, “Jodhaa Akbar,” starring Roshan, a co-production with Disney India forerunner Utv, was set in the times of the Mughal Empire.
- Naman Ramachandran
Similar News ItemsHrithik Roshan
- Hrithik Roshan laughs at rumours of replacing Salman Khan in Anees Bazmee’s comedy (From BollywoodHungama. 22 May 2017, 10:13 PM, PDT)
- Hrithik Roshan or Salman Khan? Boney Kapoor clarifies (From Behindwoods. 15 May 2017, 1:25 AM, PDT)
- Breaking: Salman Khan opts out of No Entry sequel; Hrithik Roshan to step in? (From BollywoodHungama. 13 May 2017, 5:37 AM, PDT)
Knight and Day (2010)
- Indian ‘Rambo’ Remake Director Q&A: He’s ‘Happy to Have Sylvester Stallone’s Blessing’ — Cannes 2017 (From Indiewire. 21 May 2017, 6:47 PM, PDT)
- First poster for the Bollywood remake of Rambo (From Flickeringmyth. 21 May 2017, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- Tiger Shroff is going Rambo! (From Bollyspice. 21 May 2017, 8:16 AM, PDT)
- Ashutosh Gowariker collaborates with Ventilator director Rajesh Mapuskar for their next (From BollywoodHungama. 3 May 2017, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- Four of Ashutosh Gowariker’s films to be screened at ‘Forum Des Images’ (From BollywoodHungama. 10 February 2017, 7:38 AM, PST)
- Siddharth Roy Kapur Takes over as President of The Film and Television Producers Guild of India (From Bollyspice. 5 January 2017, 7:24 AM, PST)