To say it has been a very successful year for 20th Century Fox would be an understatement as news comes in today that the studio has crossed the $2 million mark domestically and $3 billion globally for 2014. They are the first studio to do so this year.
X-Men: Days of Future Past has been a huge help to this number, having taken $735 million worldwide.
20th Century Fox have now hit $2 billion globally for the last six years in a row.
Here are the big contributors:
Grand Budapest Hotel ($168 million)
Rio 2 ($490 million)
The Other Woman ($195 million)
X-Men: Days of Future Past ($735 million)
The Fault in our Stars ($243 million)
How to Train Your Dragon 2 ($366 million)
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes ($132 million)
- Luke Owen
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- It’s official: Han Solo won’t be in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2016, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- Your Favourite Fan Theory About Jared Leto’s Joker Is Not True (From TheMovieBit. 27 July 2016, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- News Shorts: July 25th 2016 (From Dark Horizons. 25 July 2016, 6:02 AM, PDT)
James Cameron (I)
- Terminated: James Cameron's lost vision of brutal blue-collar sci-fi (From The Guardian - Film News. 28 July 2016, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Off The Shelf – Episode 97 – Blu-ray News & New Releases for July 2016 (From CriterionCast. 28 July 2016, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- James Cameron calls Donald Trump a 'madman' over climate change denial (From The Guardian - Film News. 28 July 2016, 4:11 AM, PDT)
- Is Avatar 2 Keeping Stephen Lang from Playing Cable in Deadpool 2? (From MovieWeb. 28 July 2016, 6:34 PM, PDT)
- Watch James Cameron’s Sigourney Weaver-Narrated Short Film About Climate Change (From The Film Stage. 28 July 2016, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- James Cameron’s Climate Change Short Film: Watch The Director Slam Donald Trump at the DNC (From Indiewire. 28 July 2016, 9:17 AM, PDT)