The fascinating New York Times article “My Ex-Gay Friend” by Benoit Denizet-Lewis is being turned into a movie, with James Franco playing the gay-leader-turned-Christian-pastor Michael Glatze, and if Franco’s involvement in the project, titled Michael, wasn’t exciting enough, now we’ve learned that actors Zachary Quinto and Emma Roberts have also signed on for supporting roles.
Michael centers on the unusual life of Glatze, a Christian minister from Wyoming who actually founded a gay youth magazine before eventually rejecting his own homosexuality and becoming vocally opposed to gay rights. Quinto will play Glatze’s former boyfriend, while Roberts (who recently starred with Franco in the excellent Palo Alto) will be playing his girlfriend. Chris Zylka, currently starring on HBO’s The Leftovers, is on board as another past love interest of Glatze’s.
- Isaac Feldberg
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Today in Movie Culture: Movies in the Movies, 'The Disaster Artist' vs. 'The Room and More (From Movies.com. 19 July 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- @midnight with Chris Hardwick: Ending; No Season Five (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 July 2017, 1:36 PM, PDT)
- Olivia Wilde Has the Best Response to Jennifer Lawrence Reportedly Puking at Her Broadway Show (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 July 2017, 12:54 PM, PDT)
- In Case You Haven't Noticed, Zachary Quinto Is a Walking Thirst Trap (From Popsugar. 19 July 2017, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- Star Trek 4 still at scripting stage (From Den of Geek. 18 July 2017, 2:47 AM, PDT)
- Six Filmmakers Making ‘Bushwick Beats’ Brooklyn Drama (From Variety - Film News. 17 July 2017, 4:44 PM, PDT)
Emma Roberts (II)
- Zendaya, Mandy Moore and More Stars Who've Shared Hilarious Texts from Their Parents (From PEOPLE.com. 19 July 2017, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Billie Lourd Celebrates 25th Birthday with Star-Studded Rainbow-Themed Party (From PEOPLE.com. 17 July 2017, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- Billie Lourd Celebrates Birthday With Rainbows and Water Slides -- See the Fun Photos (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 July 2017, 5:18 AM, PDT)