[This is a review of The Musketeers season 1, episode 2. There will be Spoilers.]
Last week’s exciting premiere of The Musketeers set our players in motion, establishing a strong balance of action, drama, romance, and suspense with a promise of more to come. ‘Sleight of Hand’ is a bit more procedural, but continues the upward momentum we all expect from a well-crafted BBC series.
The chameleon-like actor Jason Flemyng (X-Men: First Class) is superb in his guest role, as the troubled former cook to King Louie and Queen Anne. The episode’s title says it all, for this is a story of deception and trickery – but for what purpose?
In terms of character development, most of our heroes and villains remained ...
Click to continue reading ‘The Musketeers’: God Save the Queen
- David Griffin
Similar News ItemsX-Men: First Class (2011)
- The Geek Beat: The Greatest Moments From The 'X-Men' Movies (So Far) (From Movies.com. 25 May 2016, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- X-Men: Apocalypse Preview Profiles the Fabulous Life of Professor X (From MovieWeb. 25 May 2016, 2:07 PM, PDT)
- Directors' Trademarks: Bryan Singer (From Cinelinx. 25 May 2016, 9:22 AM, PDT)
- Snatch: Crackle Orders Drama Series Based on Guy Ritchie Film (From TVSeriesFinale. 29 April 2016, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- Jason Flemyng to Star in Historical Drama ‘Jamestown’ (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 20 April 2016, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- Crackle Plans A "Snatch" TV Series (From Dark Horizons. 20 April 2016, 8:28 AM, PDT)
"The Musketeers" (2014)
- The Musketeers: Hulu to Stream Third and Final Season in Us (From TVSeriesFinale. 13 May 2016, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Hulu to Premiere Season 3 of ‘The Musketeers’ in U.S. (From Variety - TV News. 12 May 2016, 10:19 AM, PDT)
- Hulu Acquires Streaming Rights To BBC’s ‘The Musketeers’ (From Deadline TV. 12 May 2016, 9:59 AM, PDT)