Two years after planting a flag in the U.K. with the opening of Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden, Warner Bros. will expand its facilities there with three new sound stages and an additional 100,000 square feet of office space.
WB announced the expansion at the same 10 Downing Street event where the studio announced that helmer David Yates’ new take on “Tarzan” — starring Alexander Skarsgard, Margot Robbie, Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz — began shooting today at Leavesden, joining Joe Wright’s “Pan,” which has been shooting there since late April.
Leavesden’s trio of new sound stages will consist of one 35,000 square foot building and two 17,000 square foot edifices, with along with adjacent office space. When the new spaces are completed at the end of this year, Leavesden’s tally of sound stages will rise to 13.
Two buildings that neighbor Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden have also been aquired, adding additional production space. »
- Gordon Cox
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Movie News: New 'Jumanji' Title and Plot Details Revealed; 'Justice League' and 'Aquaman' Vr Experiences on Their Way (From Movies.com. 29 March 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘It’ Teaser Trailer: Pennywise Creeps Back Into Our Lives (From Deadline. 29 March 2017, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Watch the Terrifying First Trailer for Stephen King’s ‘It’ (From Variety - Film News. 29 March 2017, 9:24 AM, PDT)
Samuel L. Jackson
- ‘The Flash’s Grant Gustin Draws ‘The Last Full Measure’ (From Deadline. 28 March 2017, 5:06 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Flash’s Grant Gustin Draws ‘The Last Full Measure’ (From Deadline TV. 28 March 2017, 5:06 PM, PDT)
- Samuel L. Jackson & Oscar Isaac Film ‘Life Itself’ (From Uinterview. 28 March 2017, 4:34 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon Shrinks in ‘Downsizing’ Footage Presented at CinemaCon (From Variety - Film News. 28 March 2017, 6:12 PM, PDT)
- Robert Rodriguez To Direct Animated Feature Ugly Dolls (From We Got This Covered. 28 March 2017, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Robert Rodriguez to Helm ‘Ugly Dolls’ Animated Film (From Indiewire. 28 March 2017, 12:36 PM, PDT)