After helping the X-Men franchise to hit a combined $3 billion earlier in the week, Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past has now pushed its worldwide total to $712.7 million this weekend, overtaking rival Marvel superhero movies The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($703.7 million) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($711.2 million) to become the highest-grossing movie of the year so so far.
Days of Future Past still faces some competition to close 2014 as the biggest earner, with Transformers: Age of Extinction, Guardians of the Galaxy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Interstellar, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 and The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies all likely to enjoy solid box office returns.
X-Men: Days of Future Past sees X-Men veterans Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), James McAvoy (Professor X), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Patrick Stewart (Professor X), Ian McKellen (Magneto), Lucas Till (Havok), Halle Berry (Storm), Anna Paquin »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- HBO TV Show Ratings (updated 5/23/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 May 2017, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Game of Thrones Season 7 – epic new images arrive (From HeyUGuys. 23 May 2017, 5:46 AM, PDT)
- Edinburgh to host 'Okja', 'Daphne', Sean Connery movies, Michael Powell classic (From ScreenDaily. 22 May 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- Check out the latest trailer for ‘The Glass Castle’ (From Blogomatic3000. 22 May 2017, 1:01 AM, PDT)
- ‘Resident Evil’ Is Already Being Rebooted, Because the Umbrella Corporation’s Evil Knows No Bounds (From Indiewire. 21 May 2017, 3:04 PM, PDT)
- Magneto and Mystique to Return in X-Men 7: Dark Phoenix (From MovieWeb. 18 May 2017, 5:47 PM, PDT)
- Logan Director Reflects On Decision To Cut Jean Grey From Wolverine’s Last Hurrah (From We Got This Covered. 23 May 2017, 6:26 AM, PDT)
- May 23rd Blu-ray & DVD Releases Include Get Out, Logan, Xx, The Vagrant (From DailyDead. 22 May 2017, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Here’s Why Russell Crowe Turned Down Playing Wolverine in Bryan Singer’s ‘X-Men’ (From Slash Film. 22 May 2017, 3:00 PM, PDT)