“Transformers: Age of Extinction” is on pace to shatter opening weekend records in China, according to three individuals with knowledge of the market.
The Paramount Pictures release debuted to $30 million in the People’s Republic, counting midnight figures from Thursday. That represents a record for the largest opening day for a foreign film in China. It is on pace to do at least $80 million at the Chinese box office and will probably climb even higher, the individuals said.
“It’s a new stratosphere,” said one individual.
A spokeswoman for Paramount declined to comment.
If it hits that figure, it will be an opening weekend record. “Iron Man 3″ posted a $64.5 million debut when it premiered last year, which was the previous high-water mark.
If the picture continues to attract crowds into its second or third weeks, it could surpass the $221.9 million that “Avatar” made during its Chinese release, which was »
- Brent Lang
Similar News ItemsParamount Pictures [us]
- Transformers: The Last Knight TV Trailer Shows Off Its Epicness (From MovieWeb. 28 May 2017, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- Transformers: The Last Knight gets a new TV spot (From Flickeringmyth. 28 May 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Baywatch 2 in development (From Flickeringmyth. 27 May 2017, 10:40 AM, PDT)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Wonder Woman Director Patty Jenkins Doesn’t Think She Could Have Made A Good Thor 2 Movie (From LRM Online. 26 May 2017, 11:20 AM, PDT)
- See The Origins Of The Vulture In This New Spider-Man: Homecoming Clip (From We Got This Covered. 26 May 2017, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- ‘Castlevania’ Trailer: Dracula Must Be Killed in the Netflix Video Game Adaptation (From Indiewire Television. 25 May 2017, 7:32 AM, PDT)
American Hustle (2013)
- Wonder Woman battles Ares in critics TV spot (From Flickeringmyth. 28 May 2017, 4:27 PM, PDT)
- Lynda Carter praises Wonder Woman, making of featurette released (From Flickeringmyth. 28 May 2017, 6:40 AM, PDT)
- Patty Jenkins shares her frustration on the DC rumour mill, says there are no deleted Wonder Woman scenes (From Flickeringmyth. 27 May 2017, 2:30 AM, PDT)