“Doctor Who” will return to U.S. screens for season eight on Saturday, August 23 at 8 p.m., BBC America announced Friday. To stave off anxious “Who” fans, the cabler also released a new teaser for the long-running drama.
The 15-second teaser shows actor Peter Capaldi as the twelfth Doctor and Jenna Coleman, playing companion Clara Oswald, in a fiery scene discussing moral dilemmas. Capaldi made an appearance as the new Doctor last November for the show’s 50th Anniversary Special and also towards the end of last year’s Christmas Special. Capaldi is succeeding actor Matt Smith as the famed Doctor.
Viewers can also get a glimpse of Capaldi and Coleman during the first-ever “Doctor Who” World Tour that will kick off in Wales this summer. Capaldi and Coleman are scheduled to reach New York on Aug. 14 for the premiere. The stars from the international TV hit will also make stops in London, »
- Jordyn Holman
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (2005)
- Marc Alan Fishman: Legends(ish) of Tomorrow(sorta) (From Comicmix. 25 June 2016, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Peter Capaldi gives 6-year-old advice on getting a job on 'Doctor Who' (From Hitfix. 24 June 2016, 3:20 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Pearl Mackie’s first Doctor Who location shoot (From The Hollywood News. 24 June 2016, 12:00 AM, PDT)
Matt Smith (XI)
- Shortlist unveiled for Melbourne Web Fest-abc iview initiative Pitch Perfect (From IF.com.au. 23 June 2016, 9:17 PM, PDT)
- Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat says black actor was offered role but “it didn’t work out” (From Flickeringmyth. 5 June 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Doctor Who’ Lead Was Offered to a Black Actor, Showrunner Reveals (From The Wrap. 3 June 2016, 2:33 PM, PDT)
BBC America [us]
- Doctor Who: Pearl Mackie Previews Season 10 Set (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 June 2016, 2:11 PM, PDT)
- Emmy Quickie: Why Tatiana Maslany Thinks ‘Orphan Black’ Is ‘Weird in the Best Way Possible’ (Exclusive Video) (From The Wrap. 23 June 2016, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- Thursday, June 23: BBC America’s Creepy Thirteen (From ChannelGuideMag. 22 June 2016, 10:01 PM, PDT)