Screenwriter Zak Penn has signed on to rewrite Warner Bros.' video game thriller Ready Player One, four years after the studio first acquired the rights to the novel of the same name by Ernest Cline (Fanboys) in a bidding war.
The story centers on a young teenager named Wade Watts, who escapes into an immersive online virtual world known as Oasis, described as a "social networking utopia that allows its users to lead their dream life." Before the game's creator passes away, he sets up an elaborate treasure hunt where the winner will take control of his company. When Wade enters the contest, he finds himself competing against corporate forces who will stop at nothing to control the company. Donald De Line and Dan Farah are producing.
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Movie Review – La La Land (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 17 January 2017, 3:15 AM, PST)
- Twitter Activity Has Fans Thinking Brad Peyton May Direct Shazam! (From We Got This Covered. 16 January 2017, 10:28 PM, PST)
- ‘xXx: Return of Xander Cage’ Tops Studios’ TV Ad Spending (From Variety - Film News. 16 January 2017, 9:53 PM, PST)
The Avengers (2012)
- Daredevil Actor Vincent D’Onofrio On Why We Won’t See Kingpin In The McU Any Time Soon (From We Got This Covered. 16 January 2017, 4:58 PM, PST)
- Kingpin Won’t Likely Pop Up In A Marvel Movie Anytime Soon, Says Vincent D’Onofrio (From LRM Online. 16 January 2017, 1:20 PM, PST)
- Marvel’S The Defenders: Showrunner On Uniting The Four With A “Street-Level Crisis” (Photos) (From LRM Online. 13 January 2017, 2:40 PM, PST)
Guillermo del Toro
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Deadpool' Oscar Consideration Promo, Lego 'Manchester by the Sea' and More (From Movies.com. 13 January 2017, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Oscars Make Slight Changes to Nominations Announcement (From Variety - Film News. 13 January 2017, 6:18 PM, PST)
- ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ Review: Netflix’s Lemony Snicket Series is Exactly What Kids Need in 2017 (Spoilers) (From Indiewire Television. 13 January 2017, 10:00 AM, PST)